looking for a new cd player........

I Currently have and love the rotel sound (975) I brought a nad 545bee then the nad 565bee for my wife's system, not bad. we currently have the cj pv 10 with the cj 2300a and alon II's speakers and I have the pv 12, 2500a, and alon IV's.... im looking for something with good tight bass control, sound stage, dynamics and detail. had a Cambridge cd player, but got rid of it,to mechanical...havnt really heard anything in a while. nothing to expensive. what ever you can suggest would be fine, thank you...
kennesawjet
IMHO, the Rotel RCD-1072 is one of the finest CD players for the money ever made.

You can find them used for around $400 or so.
We picked up a pro-ject cd s box for under 500 from our audio dealer. Very impressed with this little machine, especially for that price. Did pair it with Cardas Parsec interconnect. Also picked up a demo set of Avalon Idea speakers in a beautiful Chocolate Wenge finish. Retirement system is complete!
IMHO, I think you should raise the bar in terms of your digital front end. It pays off in big ways! I really like the Conrad Johnson and Alon speakers. Pairing it with NAD and Cambridge is selling the CJ's short. I would look for a used AYRE K5xe CD player or a new Oppo 105. I'm not sure what the price point is? For under $500 some of the used ADCOM cd players with the Wolfson DAC's are a great deal and function very well.

Regards,

Matt M
The Rotel 1072 is outstanding if you can find one. I replaced mine with an Arcam 33. That's another good choice.