looking for a new cd player........

I Currently have and love the rotel sound (975) I brought a nad 545bee then the nad 565bee for my wife's system, not bad. we currently have the cj pv 10 with the cj 2300a and alon II's speakers and I have the pv 12, 2500a, and alon IV's.... im looking for something with good tight bass control, sound stage, dynamics and detail. had a Cambridge cd player, but got rid of it,to mechanical...havnt really heard anything in a while. nothing to expensive. what ever you can suggest would be fine, thank you...
kennesawjet

Showing 3 responses by zd542

The Rotel 1072 is outstanding if you can find one. I replaced mine with an Arcam 33. That's another good choice.
I'm not so sure about the Sony ES comment. I have a 9000ES I bought to try SACD's. Its a good mass market player, but it was no match for my 1072. I had them side by side. Also, you have to be careful with the Sony. (at least the one I have). After I first put it in my system, nothing sounded quite right with my other sources. I found the problem by accident. When I unplugged the Sony, my system went back to normal. I was able to fix the problem with a JPS Digital AC+ power cord. It has a good filter on the end of it so it stops excessive noise from the CD player from making its way back into the AC that goes to my other components.

Also, I don't remember EAD making a single box player. Did they? I used to have a T1000, but that was just a transport. It was well made, though. The tray itself was actually part of the transport. Those old Pioneer units are good to buy vintage.
"I have NOT heard the Rotel 1072 it might just be the best budget option?"

I don't like to say anything is the best given we all have different taste's. In this price range, the 1072 would be my first choice.