Help choosing an amp for Thiel 2.7s

I just upgraded from Thiel 2.2s to Thiel 2.7s and my source is both vinyl (VPI Scout) and digital (PeachTree Idac) through a Classe Model 6 Preamp and B&K EX 442 AMP – both recently recapped. I am looking to replace either the amp or both amp and pre-amp. My first trial was with a pair of Bel Canto REF500M. In many ways they sound amazing – tighter bass, more extended highs, much blacker background. My only hang-up is that they seem to lack some of the body (midrange presence) of the B&K. As an example when playing Stevie Ray Vaughn my daughter asked why the guitar had moved so far to the background. Is there any way to have my cake and eat it too – or are these necessary trade-offs at my budget -- $5000 for the amp?

Any advice would be very appreciated
kadlec
Maybe one of the Anti-Cable impedance transformers to get the Thiels impedance high enough?
My guess is that the impedance dip is in fact the culprit and must be addressed in spades. I appreciate all of your input – several good suggestions to pursue.
For many years, Audio Research tube pre, Classe amplification and MIT cabling is what was highly recommended with Thiels. I used a Ref 1, CA400, MIT Ref350 interconnects and 850ref speaker cables with Thiels CS5i's.
I know someone who swears by his 2.4 driven by McIntosh MC275 driven as monoblocks. I have a 275 driving B&W 804S which most drive with SS, but when I auditioned the 804S with the 275 vs McIntosh MC252 (250 W per channel, SS), I preferred the tubes. If you can, listen to tubes with your speakers.

Having said that, Thiels are generally suggested with powerful SS. You have good recommendations above. I would add Rowland to the list. Oh, and once I also heard the 2.4 driven by Ayre and it was great too, but that was a short audition.

Congrats on your new speakers!
I'm using Thiel 2.4 SE (great speakers BTW) with a BAT VK300-Se integrated (300 watts @ 4 ohms).
Don't be afraid to turn up the volume on your Thiel's.
This may solve your problem.