Avalon Eidolon Diamond or Aerial 20T v2.

I am trying to decide between these two speakers and was hoping to get some input from anyone who has heard either of these speakers.

I realize the best thing for me to do is go and listen to them but it is tough for me to do. I have heard each speaker but wasn't at the store to listen to either of these in particluar. I heard the Aerials when demoing a subwoofer and they where the orginals not the v2. I only heard the Avalons briefly at a store being demoed for another customer about 3-4 years ago.

From what I'm hearing in talking to dealers over the phone and to a friend who has the Eidolon Vision the Avalon's give a more holographic sound (Wider and deeper soundstage)over most other speakers. The Aerial's I'm told are not as holographic and are alittle more in your face.
audiodreamer
You gotta hear em ( :

Heard em both in different setups.... Both very solid, but I like the Aerials better.
I second the Avalons,although the 20T v2 are great, just too directional for my taste..Avalons are my next speakers..Enjoy
I heard both in optimal systems at different times of course.

I like both speakers very much, but would give my nod to the
Aerial 20T V2's for their awesome bass response and control.
Vote for Avalons. Its' sound is very sophisticated (from Symbols to Diamonds, haven't heard Isis yet). Matched properly will give you unforgettable soundstage with fantastic sense of emotions in music.

If you consider buying new speakers, wait a moment. Avalon will introduce replacement of Diamonds in April/May called Time (with two Eton woofers and ceramique midrange and diamond tweeter).