Von Schweikert Audio VR-4

Does anyone have any opinion on the first generation of this speaker from around 1995? It looks like it's a little on big size space-wise, but I'm wondering how the sound quality is now quite awhile after it was released. I'm contemplating looking for a used set. Any input is appreciated. thanks
mainer8
Great soundstage,very full-bodied.Very good all-around speaker.Might be best to mate it to something a little forward-not dark.
I just agreed to buy a pair locally, which I am picking up on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing how they sound with my system.
I owned the VR4 Silver from 96-99 and thought they were very good speakers indeed. They have prodigious bass capability, so don't try to fit them in a small room. And you might have to play around with tuning the ports to your room and taste. Lastly, I thought they sounded better with medium to high powered tube amps. They aren't the last word in resolution, but present a big, bold sound that is highly impressive with large scale music. You probably won't be disappointed.

Shakey
Agreed. I owned the original version for many, many years and thoroughly enjoyed them. The only drawback is they are little light in the midbass, and lack that percusssive power or "punch" when it comes to drums, bass plucks, etc.