Pass amps: newer xa30.8 or older xa60.5 ?

I'm always intrigued by choices we have as consumers when companies introduce new models after a successful run of a popular lineup.

In this case we have the choice in the used market between the newer .8 series stereo model going for about the same price pre-owned as a used monoblock set of the highly regarded xa60.5.

Which would you choose?
abrew19
Ozzy, good advice to listen first before developing any preconceived notions. Always the best advice. Thanks
If I were giving business advice to Pass, I'd tell them to keep the lower priced .5 series around as long as oil prices remain so low!!
Ozzy, you said the worked with you to return the x350.8. How much did it cost you in the end to send it back?
Dave_72, Well I don't see anything in what you described at Reno being a red flag per se. Sometimes discount quotes are only good for a certain limited time as a way to close a deal. They aren't necessarily good for a long time, as inventory and replacement costs change. Getting "nasty" with and high pressure approach is something different however. Somehow I can't picture that guy Mark getting like that. I've dealt with him a few times and didn't experience anything like that. They can be kind "slick" there sometimes.

Well, it wasn't specified how long the discounts on new Pass Labs stuff would be. So, you might be right there on that point. I didn't picture him getting like that either, but the mask fell off and the cobra reared its head, bared its fangs, and was ready to strike. I personally don't put anything past anyone. Everyone has a bad side to them, it's the nature of man, especially when large amounts of money are involved as is the case here and with any other high end audio transactions. This Mark guy came off as greedy; expecting me to cough up the money right then and there. Sorry, but as a dealer you have to *earn* my money and respect! That's how I roll, as they say! lol.
Tomcy6, you may be right. However, I have seen recent ads that show all of the models listed as .8 except for the X350. The X350 still shows .5 while the others are listed as .8.

Abrew19, I think all I ended up paying for was the shipping costs. Reno is the best, and I wouldn't hesitate buying from them again.