Polk LSi9...good integrated amp to drive these???

I'm purchasing a pair of Polk Audio LSi9 speakers and noticed that they need an amp that can drive 4 ohm speakers. Give me your favorite integrated amps for a job like this...both tube and SS under $1,500....thanks!
clay49
I used a Classe Cap-151 with my LSi-15s with good results. But there are so many decent amps to chose from; afraid you're going to jump in and try a few.
The DK Design or Krell 400XI would push those well also. The DK has a little more control over a tougher load even though the krell has a higher wattage rating. Both of those amps used are in your price range.
Hello:

Anyone with an idea if Harmon Kardon 3840, a stereo receiver, would drive the 4 ohm lsi?

Thanks.
Well Hello!

I use to own a pair of Polk Audio LSi9's the only reason I sold them was for space. If anybody tells you those speakers are mid-fi tell em to check their ears at the door! What an underrated speaker; they really beat the tar out of some higher priced 'highend' stuff I heard at CES.

I went from using a NAD 320BEE to a SimAudio I-5080 and later on moved to the Krell 400xi. I found the Krell was by far the best, even out of the box the Krell gave me goosebumps! I don't get goosebumps much anymore. I'm not sure what kind of music you listen to. If you prefer Jazz a SimAudio might give you a little bit of a more organic sound but if you're like me and listen to alot of everything then check out the Krell 400xi used.

Speaking with Timhr, I almost opted for a Classe' CAP 151 instead of the Krell; I'm sure both would be close. A SimAudio i-5 would work as well; although I found the SimAudio to sound too flat for the already very laid back LSi presentation.

Enjoy whatever it is you purchase!
i have this pair for several month, driven by NAD 370, which is a power monster. I love the sound from these speakers. The symphonies are powerful and it has visible soundstage. you can tell the position of every players. However, bass is a little bit more than i expected.