totem alternatives to totem hawk/forest?

I want to get a totem bookshelf (cheaper and lighter) which has similar sound to totem hawk or forest.Do totem bookshelves have same positive qualities as totem hawk/forest?
samuellaudio
If you're budget is in the range of Forests - look at the Mani-2. Search the archives on Mani-2 and you'll find plenty. It's not cheaper nor lighter that the Forest, but has the Totem qualities, and if anything is better.
If you're looking to spend less money - check out the Model 1 Sig.
Bdgregory is right on, try either the Mani-2 or Model One Sig. If used isn't out of the question you may also consider the discontinued Tabu - I found this monitor to be quite magical while owning it, I just prefer floorstanders to monitors.
I own both Hawks (living room) and Rainmakers (home theatre) and can say without a shadow of a doubt that they share much of the same characteristics: smooth, musical, transparent presentation that really makes you forget about all that hi-fi stats distraction and lets you enjoy what you're hearing.

Let's take a look at it from the hi-fi stats angle, though:

Hawk: 5.5" driver, 6 ohms, 86db sens
Forest: 6.5" driver, 8 ohms, 87db sens
Rainmaker: 5.5" driver, 4 ohms, 87.5db sens
Model One: 5.5" driver, 4 ohms, 87db sens

So, you can see that the Forest really doesn't have a bookshelf equivalent but the Hawk has two. The Rainmaker is quite a bargain, but of course the Model 1 sounds better if you can afford it.

The Mani-2 is a phenomenal speaker, but has considerable power amp requirements (both quantity and quality) due to its isobarik configuration - search google for more info. Be very certain you have enough power before going down that path, and if you're unsure then you almost certainly don't have enough :)
I agree with Ghunter on this one. However, I will state that it is my opinion that the Model 1 is closer to the Forest in sonic signature and the Arro (not a bookshelf) is actually closer in tone to the Hawk.