What can come after Apogee Divas ?

I had started a similar thread in 2002 when I moved from Europe to the US and thought I would have to leave my Apogee Divas behind that give me so much pleasure for years (with active cross-over, run with 2 Krell KSA-300S Stereo amplifiers). But I managed to bring them over and so continued to enjoy the huge sound stage and clarity of these ribbon speakers. I listen both to classical 2-channel music, but also run a 10-foot screen 5.1 movie system and multichannel SACD with these speakers as 'mains' (and Duettas in the back). Now they show some signs of 'aging' with a slight rattlling sound when brass intruments are reproduced at higher volumes.
Where should I go from here if I cannot find help with their recalibration/repair? SoundLab U1? JM Lab Utopia Nova? Quad ESL-989? Dynaudio Confidence C4 or Evidence temptation? Martin Logan Prodigy? Wilson Audio MAXX or Watt/Puppy? Thiel CS5i or 7.2? Wegg3 Lunare 1? Krell LAT-1? What is likely to give a similar performance to Divas in a large media room and is more 'future proof'?
rogerwalk
Go to www.apogeespeakers.com. This site contains info about all Apogee speakers. It also contains a ling to the APogee users group, which contains a wealth of information on Apogees. There are several sources of replacement ribbons. One vendor, Graz of Australia, is also making a new line of ribbon speakers based on Apogee designs taken to the limit.

Your Divas still have plenty of support.
You can repair yourself or have the work done for you if you would like to keep them.

Info. and repair link:

http://apogeespeakers.com/

Also, as mentioned above....the new Classic built by Graz is an option if you would like to by new. Info. on the Classic can be found at the above link, along with a link to the Apogee forum.

Dave
There are some alternatives, but you might regret selling them.
For example, how often a pair of Scintillas come up here.
When they do, watch how fast they dissapear, usually less than a day and 50 views or so.
I'm not downing other speakers, but Apogees are very special, really wish the company would make a come back.
Don't abandon your Apogees!

Go to:

http://audioworld.com/cgi-bin/sw/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Apogee+Acoustics+Users+Group&number=1&DaysPrune=45&LastLogin=

for the Apogee user's group. I have replaced my Stage panels with better than original replacement parts from Graz. Graz of Australia supports all Apogees and Robert Dragunas in the Unites States. I think Graz also now has a support and repair network in the US, E-mail him at:

[email protected]