Best budget bookshelf speakers for 3-600 dollars.

Hello all now that I've made a decision to stray away from active monitors (genelec 1029a) I need to decide upon what I can best get for my money. As a reference I would like to tell you what kind of headphones I own so you can have a taste of what I like. I own Senhessier 580 aswell as etymotic 4s and 6I and some shure 3.

I mostly listen to classical (brass music, big ochestra) and jazz (clark terry, lester young etc). I do have my ocassional moments when I go rock crazy for awhile. I know there all different mediums are there any speakers that can handle all pretty well for the price range 3-600 dollars used or new (lower better more around 4-500 just willing to plunk a little more if need be).

Feel free to give me any models. I live in NYC so am sure I can find someplace. Speaking of NYC where are the good places. The only place I've been to is soundexchange and I don't much like the sales people there.

Thanks again like always.
daimbert
Jean-Marie Reynaud Twins or Dynaudio Audience 40/42-50/52's. The Dynaudios will need a bit more power to sound better. My friend owns the Twins and they sound great. Both can be found used in your price range. Good luck.
If you are able: give Mission, Quad 12L, Monitor Audio silver series (older silver i or newer s), or Paradigm a try. You should be very happy with any of the above if it fits sonically into your system. IMHO check out the new Absolute Sound issue, has their best components list.
Not offended at all. Just want the suggestions so I know what to listen to and decide on. I understand if I am coming out as confused and maybe a little annoying :) but you need to understand I don't know nothing. I am learning alot by the suggestions though so thank you.

My bedroom is 18X12 with 10 foot ceiling. Like stated before my television 32" and computer are against my 18' wall. Although there is a door to the left side so in and a radiator on the other side so it's really 11-12'ft. Some where in there I plan to place my speakers facing my bed. I plan to actually listen from my bed with about 8' feet of space or my computer chair with about the same distance.

I usally do not use my speakers in the computer anyways but they may be used on occassion for some livefeeds,games but 95% of the time for just straight listening and playing along with big ochestral works so I can practice my excerpts. I may use speakers for stereo sound while watching movies but again not much at all.

One thing for certain I do not to use a sub. I actually like a well defined bass over a bass that I can feel. I would like speakers that sound like my headphones which are Senheissers hd580, Etymotic 4p and my shure 3. Speakers don't have to be big but reproduce music well.

I hope this clarify a bit.
Looks like you'll just make it for most of the floor standing 1st order speakers. The Meadowlarks with their high efficency and easy impedance will probably work just fine with an intergrated amp. Make sure your not closer than 8' from listening position to speakers though.
Used Epos M12 (not newer M12.2 with rising response curve - sound bright to me). You can go FAR beyond NAD with the Epos and hear thesonic improvments.
In Living Stereo sells Epos and fine tube gear. Also Totem speakers but I like Epos bette YMMV. They are near Astor Place. I think you will find one of their products will suit your needs.