Best budget bookshelf speakers for 3-600 dollars.

Hello all now that I've made a decision to stray away from active monitors (genelec 1029a) I need to decide upon what I can best get for my money. As a reference I would like to tell you what kind of headphones I own so you can have a taste of what I like. I own Senhessier 580 aswell as etymotic 4s and 6I and some shure 3.

I mostly listen to classical (brass music, big ochestra) and jazz (clark terry, lester young etc). I do have my ocassional moments when I go rock crazy for awhile. I know there all different mediums are there any speakers that can handle all pretty well for the price range 3-600 dollars used or new (lower better more around 4-500 just willing to plunk a little more if need be).

Feel free to give me any models. I live in NYC so am sure I can find someplace. Speaking of NYC where are the good places. The only place I've been to is soundexchange and I don't much like the sales people there.

Thanks again like always.
daimbert

Showing 1 response by jimmymac

Jean-Marie Reynaud Twins or Dynaudio Audience 40/42-50/52's. The Dynaudios will need a bit more power to sound better. My friend owns the Twins and they sound great. Both can be found used in your price range. Good luck.