Need comments on the Magnum Dynalab MD-90 FM Tuner

In the current issue of The Absolute Sound Magazine, they said good things about the Magnum Dynalab MD-90 FM Stereo Tuner. What are your comments regarding the MD-90? Is the tube output section option worth the extra $500? I am also looking at a used McIntosh MR510 FM Tuner and the MR77. My tuner budget is under $1,000 and I need FM only. Thanks..
hgeifman
I just got my MD-90 about 3 weeks ago. Couldn't be happier. Replaced Creek T43 which is also very good, But MD-90 edges it out. Can't comment on tube upgrade, have not heard it.
Good Luck.
I got mine 2 months ago (don't know anything about the tube upgrade), though I did get it with balanced outputs and the Kimber silver wiring. It is my first stand alone tuner so I can't make a comparison except to say visually it is tastefully done and the tuning is pinpoint perfect.
The MD tuners are beautiful tuners and I don't doubt you would enjoy it, but for $1000 I suspect you could buy a vintage tuner for a third the price, or less, and outperform the MD. Furthermore you could have the vintage tuner sent off to be modded and have an incredible tuner, still far under 1k.

http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/
MD tuners are great if you have too many stations/too much interference or too much distance. They tune like no others. Don't pay for the tube upgrade until you own the unit and have played for a while. You may not need/want to go there.
I also read the review in The Absolute Sound and am interested in MD-90, which is their entry level tuner. I'm wondering if is worth the extra cost to buy one of their more expensive models. Any feedback? Thanks.