Better than Norah Jones...?

Ok here is a recommendation,an album I meant to buy for the girlfriend for a while (since 2002!) but just got round to this week.
To my ears,lighter but more substantial overall than Ms Jones mega succesful CD.
Light,Latin a bit jazzy mostly in Brazilian but very accessable and contemporary sounding without being over done.......
Audiogon,get to hear,take a chance and buy the lovely female vocals of..........
Bebel Gilberto-Tanto Tempo. (East West 0927-47407)
Rave reviews from Mojo,Blues& Soul,The Independent and The London Evening Standard,Q Magazine and a drunken Glaswegian.
Very much a summer record and whisper it better recorded than Norah Jones imho.
ben_campbell
How very lucky you must be to hear Eva Cassidy for the very first time. Songbird, Live at Blues Alley, Imagine
Ooops only meant that as a recommendation not opinions on what is better than Norah Jones-doh.
But er good idea anyway.
I think Norah Jones is ok but...............
Yes, Eva Cassidy's "Live at Blues Alley" will blow you away. But, for someone more closely comparable to (and better than) Norah Jones, give Lizz Wright a listen.
Yep I like Bebel, too bad about that first cut on the disc...along those lines give a listen to early Brasil66, Lani Hall's voice is what Sade's has always wanted to be. Not to slag Sade 'cause I think she blows norah outta the water. not very impressed with norah, could be after some maturing she'll deliver