oppo 105d mod or look for a new cd player ?

Had dealer install a set of wilson watt/puppy 7's. My system is small comprising of pass labs xa30.5 amp and x1 preamp. My source today is a oppo 105d. I got this since it works for the kids movies etc.. but I listen to 2 channel cd music through it. My dealer advised next upgrade should be my source to a dedicated cd player vs the oppo.
My question is .. lets say budget is $3k-$4K.. would people advise an oppo upgrade (EVS or Modwringht) or a dedicated cd player for the money ? Thanks in advince for any thoughts..
fsyme
I have the full Oppo 105 ungrade from EVS and think that Ric Schultz did a great job.

The rest of my digital system is PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Pre, W4S amp, and Maggie 3.6's.

In my system, the modded Oppo 105 beat out a $5K Esoteric in an in-home comparison.
Buy a Chord Hugo and a Tara RSC digital cable and use the Oppo as a transport for 2 channel. The difference is staggering and blatantly obvious, ie not subtle.
There's a dealer selling an EAR Acute III for $4300. I would seriously consider buying it. There's also an older Acute, without DAC inputs, up for sale at $2400, I think. They are very, very good for the money.
Why would anyone buy a CD player?? The Oppo will play all discs And with the Modwright Mod it will blow away the Ayre and the Esoteric in terms of warmth and richness and space and soundstaging. Go with the Modded Oppo its the best deal in audio right now for a source. IMO.

Matt M