Selling dispute. Please comment.

I recently sold a pair of mono amps and checked the box that indicated the original manual was included. I never use the manual for something like this and just assumed the manual was in the box as there were some various papers from the manufacturer in the boxes.

The buyer got the amps safely and they are in perfect condition as described. I shipped the same day the item sold. Unfortunately the manuals were not in the boxes the amps came in. These were the original boxes, but the manuals are not there according to the buyer.

I sent him the link to download the pdf of the manual. He is not happy with that. I offered to print a color double sided copy (on good stock) at Kinkos for $20 (at my expense) and ship that to him. He says that the original manual was promised and that I have to deliver that to him. And that he dervers two of them since the amps came in two separate boxes. He is threating to kill the deal and dispute with audiogon and paypal.

I admit that I'm in the wrong for mis-stating that the manuals were included. I will attempt to order the manuals from the manufacturer on Monday, but I don't know that the manufacturer will provide them even if I pay for them.

I'd appreciate comments regarding this problem. Thank you.
jaxwired
Seller. Call your bank and let them know not to release any money to Paypal. Make the buyer put in a claim and make him wait 45 days to get a refund. In the meantime you'll get your amps back. Make sure to have the delivery man take them back to USPS Fed Ex or where ever they came from and open the boxes in front of witnesses and take pictures to make sure you received everything back and that there is no damage to the amps.
....... "the buyer needs to ship them back at his expense (PayPay rules)"..........
08-27-12: Buconero117
Plus the buyer better insure the two amps.

"No, Seller. You had to have known there was no manual, but yet you sold it as mint with a manual. Either get me an original manual or you can have the amps back."
08-27-12: Jaxwired

Jaxwired, Is that true you listed the amps as "mint" with manual?

I am not going to try to tell you what to do......

I would suggest you go to kinkos and have 2 copies of the manual printed. Then send the two manuals to the buyer with a note, again saying you are sorry for not checking the boxes for the manuals.

Email the buyer telling him you have sent him the manuals, to let him know they are on the way.

Just remember you will catch more flies with honey than vinegar...
You can download the full manual and print out a copy if you need to. Here is the link: @^^#%#%^&@ Again, I'm sorry it was missing from the box."
Regretful. Helpful.
Either get me an original manual or you can have the amps back.
Peremptory. Rude.

OR, I can go to kinkos with the downloaded pdf and print out a 2 sided color copy of the manual (on good paper stock) center stapled in magazine format and ship it out today. This would be a $20 expense, but I am willing to do that to get you the manual today. Let me know.
Cooperative. Considerate.
Hostile. Derogatory.
I bought an original manual, so I want it. If you contact the manufacturer to get it, please have it sent directly to me. If I don't hear from you by Tuesday, 28 August 2012, on when I will receive the Owner's Reference manual then I will notify Audiogon and PayPal.
Disproportional. Menacing.

IMO, of course.

Bryon
Ok, people, you'll love this. Here is the response from the manufacturer. They emailed me this morning.

Here's what I asked them:

"Hello,

I would like to order the original manual for the XXXX amplifier. I do not want a pdf or to download the pdf of the manual. I want the original manual that comes in the box. Can I order one? "

Here is there response:

"We include only a “quick start guide” (4 double sided pages) with most new XXXX products these days. As such we no longer stock paper copies of complete owner’s manuals. Sorry!"

He included the manual in pdf form in his response. The manual is 16 pages long. They do not include manuals with their new products! So there never were any manuals. Now I have to produce mnauals that never even existed to complete the sale. Great....

I've printed out the pdf at Kinkos. I used their best glossy stock and had it center stapled in magazine format and in COLOR! They look fantastic, like they were professionally published. I have now put them in a hard side priority mail box so they don't get damanged. I will send them out today. That's all I can do.