In defense of quantum products.

There are many audio products that have the word quantum in their name. The brand names Synergistic Research, Bybee and Kemp and Audio Magic come to mind. There are others.

Frankly, some of the explanations for these products are difficult for me to understand. I understand the general theory of quantum physics but when it comes to the details I often find myself getting lost very quickly. Are the explanations offered up by makers of quantum products accurate or not? And does it really matter? Is audio about understanding what manufacturers say or about enjoying the music?

Personally, I am only concerned whether the product works in my system. If the explanation is satisfactory but it does not deliver I could not care less about the theories offered in their defense. Happily, I have been lucky with products from Synergistic Research, Bybee and Audio Magic. I have not used any Kemp products yet.

What have your experiences been with quantum products?
sabai
Elizabeth, Ozzy and Tpreaves, what have your experiences been with quantum products when you listened to them in your systems?
Let it be stated I have owned and used two of the companies you mention. In my experience I have been able to attain vastly superior performance at an equal or lower price point than these "quantum" products. Don't get me wrong they weren't bad. Would even say good.

But good performance compared to great or exceptional performance doesn't cut it for me. Especially at the same price point.

In avoidance of a flame war you are welcome to email if you want more details: [email protected]

Disclaimer: I am a reseller of audio gear. Yet can offer honest opinion on better options that cost less that we do or do not represent.
The OP says he's been lucky, not methodical or rational, but just lucky. It can happen and his experience shouldn't be discounted. But he should also realize that many audiophiles aren't willing to roll the dice on some groundbreaking alt-physics.
I first heard the Nordost QX4 at a show demo. During it, cables, supports etc were all changed in stages and made a difference. To me, the QX4 made the biggest difference of them all. They are insanely expensive new and just overpriced, second hand.
I bought 2 in stages less than half price and to my ears absolutely, no question, they made a big difference, the second less than the first, but still better with 2, so they are staying.

I tend to go second hand with tweaks, more likely to not lose on resale if they don't float your boat.