Why aren't the older members still active ?

Just curious who is still very active from 2000 and earlier
on this site? I don't get on very often. I guess I have no opinions or my interest lies elsewhere. I remember in the early 2000s there seemed more interesting and heated topics then now. I cannot even get a rise out of anybody for saying "the Beatles where the worse group ever". I think somebody replied " I am a moron" without stating why he thought they were good. I started a thread in Music: Garage Band Hangover, about a website called Garage Hangover, but like 2 people responded. Some of my favs haven't been on in 3 even 5 years. So why is that?
shubertmaniac
The list is inherently going to be incomplete, as we will never be able to remember everyone on the first (or third) pass.

I'll add Eldragon this go 'round, though he occasionally pops up here.
After five years or so I'm less of a poster and more of a reader of the few and far between. As retailing has declined the site has kept curiousity alive and led me to get out more often to the shows as a hedge against forum hyperbole and magazine reviews. If the hobby is a learning experience, eventually one's system evolves toward an endpoint, which makes posting less urgent.
This reads a lot like a high school reunion where a couple of people ask what happened to the ol' clique they used to run with. :-)