Why aren't the older members still active ?

Just curious who is still very active from 2000 and earlier
on this site? I don't get on very often. I guess I have no opinions or my interest lies elsewhere. I remember in the early 2000s there seemed more interesting and heated topics then now. I cannot even get a rise out of anybody for saying "the Beatles where the worse group ever". I think somebody replied " I am a moron" without stating why he thought they were good. I started a thread in Music: Garage Band Hangover, about a website called Garage Hangover, but like 2 people responded. Some of my favs haven't been on in 3 even 5 years. So why is that?
shubertmaniac
I miss Sean too Albert. Let's hope he got married, or has a nice girlfriend who preoccupies his time. I hope nothing bad has become of him...or any of the guys from the past.
hi frogman:

ate you implying that many threads are redundant and therefore certain individuals choose not to get involved ?

or, are you suggesting that certain threads are of little interest to older members?

if the latter, what threads do you think would be of interest to older members ?
Sorry - correction : Audiophiles, not audiofiles. Last sentence in my last post continues... and during that time focus on exploring new music.
Gammajo, very well said; I agree with every one of your points.

Mrtennis, I think that the answer to your first two questions is yes; although speaking for myself, choosing not to participate in a thread is not necessarily an indication of a lack of interest. As far as which threads might be of interest to older members, there are many. But as already mentioned, how many more debates about wether cables or fuses make a difference do we need? Or about wether Kind Of Blue is one of the greatest jazz records ever?
Maybe on top of newness gone and economy many just reached their goal or figured its just never perfect so quit fussing? Lets be honest new gear comes and goes but its seldom truely groundbreaking and after alot of exposure you just sort if see the more things change the more they seem the same.