Why aren't the older members still active ?

Just curious who is still very active from 2000 and earlier
on this site? I don't get on very often. I guess I have no opinions or my interest lies elsewhere. I remember in the early 2000s there seemed more interesting and heated topics then now. I cannot even get a rise out of anybody for saying "the Beatles where the worse group ever". I think somebody replied " I am a moron" without stating why he thought they were good. I started a thread in Music: Garage Band Hangover, about a website called Garage Hangover, but like 2 people responded. Some of my favs haven't been on in 3 even 5 years. So why is that?
shubertmaniac
Did want to make a point. There may be newer members who, while new to the site have some wisdom about stuff too. For example, I have been on Audiogon since 2005. But my journey with music started with studying piano in 1957 (54 years ago), then around 1960 being blown away by Leonard Bernstein live with the NY Philharmonic playing a Shubert concerto program in Avery Fisher Hall.
As a result my brother, an eventual electrical engineer, and I (mainly the listening tester)took the guts out of an old Strongberg Carlson console and replaced with Heath Kit and other hand built parts, resulting in a kick ass stereo that the whole family enjoyed.
After many years with classical and my brothers' 50's rock/pop collection, my first 45 purchase was Little Eva "Locomotion". Then in college, friends started returning from Vietnam with exotic brands such as Sansui and the race was on for absolute sound.
How many old timers would agree with these tenets gleaned from 50 years of experience: Trust your own ears but educate them -enjoy live music often. Listen to as many systems as you can in other people's homes, you will be humbled at the many ways to achieve good sound and make great friends. Well reproduced music is worth the investment as it can be one of the deepest and most enduring pleasures of life, better than cars and other toys, only exceeded by friendships. Don't be afraid to experiment, even moving a speaker an inch can make a difference, yet the art is to not become obsessive. Keep your contacts clean and your relationship with other audiofiles cleaner. Once an awhile take a break of a year or more from equipment changes and dur
I miss Sean too Albert. Let's hope he got married, or has a nice girlfriend who preoccupies his time. I hope nothing bad has become of him...or any of the guys from the past.
hi frogman:

ate you implying that many threads are redundant and therefore certain individuals choose not to get involved ?

or, are you suggesting that certain threads are of little interest to older members?

if the latter, what threads do you think would be of interest to older members ?
Sorry - correction : Audiophiles, not audiofiles. Last sentence in my last post continues... and during that time focus on exploring new music.