Why aren't the older members still active ?

Just curious who is still very active from 2000 and earlier
on this site? I don't get on very often. I guess I have no opinions or my interest lies elsewhere. I remember in the early 2000s there seemed more interesting and heated topics then now. I cannot even get a rise out of anybody for saying "the Beatles where the worse group ever". I think somebody replied " I am a moron" without stating why he thought they were good. I started a thread in Music: Garage Band Hangover, about a website called Garage Hangover, but like 2 people responded. Some of my favs haven't been on in 3 even 5 years. So why is that?
shubertmaniac
Whoa...I just woke from a really long nap!

Yeah, Slappy's thread on the "big board with a rusty nail" had me laughing for weeks.

Around the time I stopped posting on here [5 years ago?] A'goN began clamping down on the type of threads and responses that were allowed. While I was a serious audiophile, I thoroughly enjoyed hijacking [often in cahoots with Jax2] threads into ridiculum.

My favorite A'goN memory was of seeing Albert Porter and Jax2 in wet underwear in a Las Vegas bathroom hotel.

Those were the days!
Post removed 
Where have you gone, Mr. Cornfedboy
A website turns it's lonely eyes to you...
Love this site and have received some great knowledge and wisdom. Just need to keep it all in perspective and not put too much pressure on the site or others to meet some realistic or unrealistic expectation. I am a little surprised at some of the "negative" comments above. It's all about expectations and priorities. Properly prioritized and with expectations in check this site is still a fun, funny and informative site for me.

I owe the enjoyment of my current system, in total, to this site. I learned about the products, purchased the products, and finally learned about the matching of products here and through experience.

Post on Agoners!