Anyone successful in dealing with Tinnitus?

I have been experiencing ringing in my ears and think I may have it. Any recommendations?
underdog
Post removed 
Yes, too many years of construction work and loud car stereos. Dr. Elizabeth is right. BTW my days of loud music have been over for years. I have a db meter right next to me and use it. The slight ringing is like pops and clicks on vinyl. You just deal with it.
3 or 4 years ago I started having issues with occassional ringing in the ears. Too many concerts and amp/eqs in the cars I owned in my younger days.
I now wear hearing protection - for all power tools.....yard work.... and play my stereo at moderate levels at most. I also purchased a pair of musician ear plugs that cut the sound level considerably. Now I can attend concerts without blasting my ear drums and having my ears ringing for hours. I only wish I was smarter with my ears in my younger days. So far so good and my ears stopped ringing. Best wishes
Having delt with a malady for decades I agree all to readily with Elizabeth. Once one gets beyond the standard deviation medicine is trial and error. Your trials the doctors errors, training new doctors to understand what is happening and what works is wearisome but anything else is even worse.
One gets to know what works for one and why with luck even a doctor can be taught.