What were the best and worst rooms at RMAF 2009?

Of course I have my picks, but what are yours?
128x128dlcockrum
This year RMAF was quite nice. I always attend on Sunday and the ’09 show was the least crowded of all the previous RMAF shows. As usual, every room representative was very friendly, informative and accommodating.

Highlights: Grand Veena room always has great sound. This year I wanted to take them home. Everything I look for in a speaker: detail, big image, engaging and thrilling. Everyone else in the room seemed to share this impression and no one wanted to leave. Only negative – their appearance.

Can’t believe the Accapela room has not been mentioned. Certainly, the Triolon has had its challenges in past years. This year the High Violon was mesmerizing. It filled the large room with incredible realism – every track felt like a live performance. My vote for the top room at any RMAF show. And, you can own this system for about $300K!

The Esoteric room was also special. Small footprint yet incredible dynamic range. Huge realism factor here. Associated electronics, cables, etc were $$$. May be the first $5 K phono cable I’ve heard.
"Can’t believe the Accapela room has not been mentioned. .... And, you can own this system for about $300K!"

I think you answered your own question.

For $300,000, I would expect an out-of-body, dreamlike experience, every time. Reality just doesn't seem like enough to ask for at that price.

How come an article I read on High Triolon indicates only a $30,000 USD price tag? That might be reasonable though still mostly unaffordable if true. Were there $270,000 worth of supporting electronics required to produce the results? I thought horn speakers are supposed to be easy to drive and make sing?
Jaybo....thanks to you I'll come out of the closet and give my opinion. I was at the show all three days, but now realize just how much I missed. I enjoyed many rooms and of course some were spectacular. The aforementioned Merlins and the TW Acustic with the Hornigs and the Trons(this was especially good)both stand out in my mind. The one room that really brought out emotion in me was the Harbeth room. I heard the little P3ESRs Sat. and was amazed at the sound. I went back Sunday to hear the SHL-5s and it was literally a religious experience. I was actually reaching in my back pocket for my check book which I had wisely stashed in my room. I was at the show all three days and this was the only system that left me awestruck. The soundstage was huge. The speakers melted away and I was taken away. The power was provided by a Perreaux integrated amp.

I've only been in this hobby for a couple of years, so what do I know. I do know what I heard and how I was moved.
Thanks Duane for clarifying ID room. Having owned Dales speakers for over 15 years because I have yet to hear anything else I like more I just could not understand what Azaud was hearing. Dales speakers are incredibly clean with outstanding tonal balance. In most systems they would not be the weakest link in a system.Thanks again for the detailed info.