Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
128x128millercarbon
Recommending or telling people to buy products one has not used is always risky.

Pretty simple.

That is also different than offering an opinion. Everybody has one of those.

MC himself always disses opinions of people who have not tried something he is pitching so I know he understands how that works.

I guess I don’t keep tabs on who does what like that. I just think the attacks are childish overall. One thing to mention it’s one time, but to keep harping on it over and over is something different. On,y one I see getting that kind of attention is kenjit, but he is so far over the top I get it. And it’s obvious he does what he does just for the attention he gets from it. 
This is kind of funny... @rbstehno is like a stalker. One might say borderline harasser. I’m not sure if one can summarize into words how bizarre his infatuation of mc appears. I find mc’s enthusiasm very infectious for many reasons, not to mention that based on his equipment, he seems to be a credible person who’s passionate about this hobby. Sure, he could say "in full transparency/ disclosure I’ve never heard them, but I did order after exhaustive research"...but that’s a caveat that I’m not entirely sure anyone gives a crap about other than 1 or 2 haters of either him Tekton, or both. I mean, no one is asking certain individuals to preface upfront with "I’m an over opinionated a-hole, that looks for reasons to call someone out"(I hope that’s an acceptable coined term for what we all understand is just not a very kind person). Keep in mind, I’m not saying any of the mentioned individuals are these things, just stating the obvious that there are douches in all walks of life....try to NOT be one. Nothing wrong with moving on to another thread that you would enjoy more, right?
To all; please remain humble, passionate, and a HEALTHY contributor in an aspect that you choose to tag your name in.
I’m one of the many believers in what Eric Alexander is doing. I have extensive experience with many of his models, as do my close friends. Like many of us, I’ve owned and heard too many products from different manufacturers to count, and again for the price point they are at, Tekton has checked more boxes for me than ANY other between $1-19k.
Btw, who gives a crap if he talks/calls Eric...REALLY, this is what the criticisms come down to...what the heck? I’ve talked to him and his SEVERAL employees many times (some said a 2 man shop...lmao that too funny...try 15+). Gotta love the know-it-alls. If mc was a nuisance, Eric wouldn’t field his calls, PERIOD. Back off and grow up!
Cheers and Happy listening
All judgments are ultimately subjective.
All recommendations are ultimately subjective.
All brands have their fanboys; sometimes the enthusiasm is based on first-hand (subjective) experience, sometimes it is not.
But there's a point reached, when the verbiage gets out of control and becomes overwhelming, when the (adapted) Shakespeare principle must be applied: the poster "doth protest too much, methinks".
speedbump6-here is another thread that MC posted a couple days ago. Do you think this is right?
https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/minimonitors
From MC:
If you're not too hung up on the whole mini-monitor thing, a pair of Tekton Impact Monitors at $2k combined with a DBA will get you killer performance and depending on how you do the DBA come in right at or under $5k total. You absolutely will have better bass and a greater sense of envelopment (disappearing act) than anything you could ever get from a tiny little minimonitor.

Maybe you Tekton fanboys are blind or thinks its kind of funny, but these types of posts are not just an opinion. Statements like: "killer performance", "absolutely have", "greater sense", and "than anything you could ever get from a tiny little minimonitor.", come across that he knows what he is talking about.
MC doesn't have a clue if any of those statements he made are correct, how can he, he never heard them. Also, he has heard every minimonitor to make the claim that the Tetons will be better.

I'll ask other forums if they think this type of behavior is appropriate, I don't think its just me