Sansui 4000

Purchased this receiver at a thrift store for $30 with wooden case.After a little cleaning and Deoxit it works and sounds great and was wondering what speakers and cartridges are a good match for the two phono sections.Would appreciate any information you can share.Thank you.
john421
Yes it is.Using it with a pair of ADS L620'S, Cambridge Audio 651c and Technics SL-1700 with various cartridges in a second system and I'm pleased with the setup.
The 4000 is a great little receiver, and the 5000 is too.  My old 9090db has eventually become what I listen to most.  It just sounds right. Enjoy your find.  Need more power? The 4000 makes a great preamp/tuner.
Old JBL’s, EPI’s., ADVENTS and Altecs are a good match.

Norman
Unless you are into Japanese music you won't on SP-2000 .Some heavy- metal freaks seem to like them though .
The model 5000 was the only "Dog" Sansui put out. Yours should
be fine. Perhaps some new caps ?
A pair of SP-2000 came along with the purchase but haven’t seen many favorable opinions on them.
Sansui  is THE company  no longer around that I miss the most !Made some truly great gear .
I have a Sansui 1000 and a Sansui 2000. Both cheap GW finds! And both working fine! Classic Jap receivers from the late 60's.
I suspect any MM cartridge would work just fine.   Receivers are designed to be pretty general and not fussy.  

Any speaker whose power requirements are about half to a third of what the power rating of the receiver should work okay.   Don't let the wattage rating fool you, manufacturers save money on current, so go easy on the amplifier - choose speakers that don't demand a lot of current.  

For 30 bucks and some elbow grease, you got a smoking deal!   I always grab deals like this when I find one!   Nice going!