Problem with Exemplar 3910

Hi,

You may remember that I was asking about tubes for my 3910 recently. I figured it was time, but I also was motivated because I was getting noise out of one channel - sometimes a "thump" and sometimes a kind of "scratchy" sound. I've isolated the problem to the player, and I have tried two new sets of NOS 6829s with the same result. I have a call (voicemail) in to John Tucker, just a few minutes ago, so I'm certainly not writing to complain. Just thought I would ask if others might know what the problem could be in the interim.

Thanks for any thoughts.

John

p.s. I have not switched a set of tubes in the player yet, i.e., changing which socket they are plugged into. I haven't done that yet because the problem has occurred with 3 sets of tubes so far.
jfz
Jfz,
I just called John (425-334-4733) and spoke to him personally. Try calling early in the morning...
Did you go to his direct site? Maybe going to the LSA site will wake someone up since he is involved with them last I heard.

Best,
Bob
Does anyone know how long it usually takes John Tucker to respond to voicemails? Or know when I might call and be more likely to have him answer the phone?

It's been a couple weeks since I've listened to music, since I tried tubes first and then discovered that was likely not the problem. If I do listen, it's no fun anyway; my anxiety is too high, anticipating a big thump, and worrying about what might potentially happen if I keep listening. I'm almost embarrassed to bring this up again, because this is high-end audio and I often feel that some people judge those who have expectations of good customer service. I am getting discouraged, though, and it's hard to understand not getting at least a quick phone call after a weeks time.

Thanks