Exemplar Denon 3910

I have had this baby for a very long (lovable, but old?) while and love it. However, I have not listened to new digital sources in as long a time as I have owned my Exemplar. I am interested in Exemplar owners only listening experiences; if they have moved to a higher level cdp (sound wise) for significantly less money than what the Exemplar cost them? First hand listening responses are [only] what interests me. that should cut the thread response down to two or three :) thanks in advance.
128x128warrenh
Hi Warren,

I too owned an Exemplar 3910 for many years (and loved it). A couple years ago, I tried an Oppo 95. It was clearly inferior to the Exemplar in my audio system, but I do use it in my video system. Recently, I bought a Modwright-modified Oppo 105. It is clearly superior to the Exemplar/Denon in my audio system. I am very happy.

I hope this helps.

John
According to Exemplar's website, it looks like I'll wait for John Tucker's mod on the same. I am loyal, unless you do not deliver the goods.
thanks
I think that's a great way to go, Warren. I have always been extremely happy with John Tucker's work. In this case, I just didn't want to wait for the 105 mods.