Micro Max 282 vs. Exclusive EA-10

I have mounted an Exclusive EA-10 on my Micro (I added a pic to my system), one of the most expensive Japanese tonearms, maybe a little underrated. The tonearm and the tubes are re-wired by Ikeda silver wire. The EA-10 reminds me very much of the Max 282, most properly it was built by Micro Seiki. Does anybody know if this is true?
thuchan
Dear Daniel, Nice for you but I am more interested in the looks of your Swedish beauty.
BTW I am a twin brother of Shon Conery.
Cheers,
No Nandric, the twin brother of Shaun Connery is me. I know it. and it says that Dertonarm has some Mexican blood running in his sensitve vains...

best & fun only - Thuchan
Dear Thuchan: I love you: you made that today I really laughed ( in good shape ) with that " Mexican blood " post.

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
My goodness, the German and the Mexican share the same
kind of 'humour'. To be honest I prefer when thy fight.

Regards,
Dear Nandric,
I think Raul is too occupied on the western front to launch any forays into Bavaria? :-)
Dear Halcro, I hope that I am a diligent student of the
Aussie kind of humour. I even cosider emigration to Australia. I live next to the Germans, you know. In Bavaria
btw even water-skiing is not allowed. So our Lew also lost any interest for this country.

Regards,
Dear Halcro, Dear Nandric,

you are right we have a lot of regulations over here (in all parts of Germany) but a wonderful landscape in Bavaria, excellent Weissbeer and as I think the best beergardens along the Danube river. No crocodiles coming on land when the rivers are flooded. And the weather is friendly to Bavarias' inhabiants which have somehow a very funny language - sorry I was not born here too.

You will also like the traditional music if you are living here for a while :-)

I like Bavaria too. Nice weather in summer. Big fan of Constanzee.
I have always wanted to take a cruise down the Danube, but have always wanted
to do so on a small boat - not one of those 100-person river cruise boats.
Something like a British/French canal barge would be cool...

Weissbeer is great. And second only to Belgian beer... :^)

That's just my 'zwo' cents...
Well I seem to have it over all of you as I was actually born in Bavaria......Bad Woerishofen to be exact.
Do you know it Thuchan?
Dead Halcro, i live 30 minutes East of Bad woerishofen. They have a nice Public SPA now ......
Cheers,
D.
Dear T_Bone, Dear Halcro - for each of you one Weissbeer is waiting over here...

Hey Henry you speak Bavarian language? This is why you understand Bavarian Voice I suppose...

Of course we know Bad Woerishofen. I live near another Bad... at the banks of the Danube river where it`s waters run into a medieval city still completely in good order and recently being promoted to UNESCO world heritage...

I am younger...

Dear Thuchan: What kind of " drink " other than beer have you to offer? I mean from that German region and : how about regional food?

You know, I need to evaluate first that I be there hearing your MS, according our deal.

Raul.
Dear Raul, we may also offer wine because it's usually a very sunny region along the steep Danube river banks. But regarding wine there are more famous regions along the Rhein/Main/Mosel area.
If you are not drinking beer and not eating pig knuckles you may miss the region's specialities. Do you have a Hofbräuhaus in Mexico city? if yes you may run a test before deciding going for this adventure. :-)

Dear Raul,
I must also be there to witness this listening session.......although it is not very fair.
Thuchan has everything to lose but nothing to gain?
Perhaps you need to bring the first production version of your new arm to 'forfeit' if you lose the bet? :^).........I quite like this Picasso face
I'm thinking, if we can do this in summer, Weissbeer and a plate of Kirschspätzle for me.
Our Mexican connoisseur used to think in terms of Maxime
get cautious. Traveling all the way to Bavaria for some
beer and sauerkraut? But if he wants the best BMW there is
Thuchan can certainly help. He started his career there.
However from 'we in Bavaria produce the best car in the world '
one can hardly deduce 'everything in Bavariais the best'.
Regards,
Dear Halcro, I like the idea with the new tonearm. In any case I will serve as a silent assessor (i.e. "objective" "judge" ..;-) ...).
I wouldn't want to miss this for the world. Expecting a collision of different ideas.
Cheers,
D.
Dear all,
why are you not coming and listening to the best in Bavaria !!! maybe the very best...

at least next week at Munich High End Show :-)

... and maybe from Korea

P.S. I will make reservations and bookings for Kirschplätze with Weissbeer...
Dear Nandric, not everything in Bavaria is actually made and designed by Bavarians .... Munich works so good because 260 000 people from Northrhine-Westfalia live there (I am one of them ...). And about the status of BMW ... well, there are a few other candidates too.
However - as far as I am concerned, we can carry on discussing the menu and wine list for a prospective Audiogon gourmet meeting at the bavarian banks of the Danube.
Cheers,
D.
Thuchan,
not "Kirschplätze", but "Kirschspätzle"... unless, of course, there is a restaurant called Kirschplätze which serves Kirschspätzle.
Okay T_Bone, I see I am dealing with connosieurs knowing what they are talking about. Of course your choice is better than Cakies & Weissbeer. This is definitely a better matching combination. So we will go for "Spätzle". Regarding combinations on which one of the turntables among my modest collection Raul will mount his new tonearm? Do i need some preparations? Pls let me know in advance.

As every year we will share the duties. Dertonearm will be responsible for the Spätzle, me for the Weissbeer, Raul for the tonearm and Halcro as well as T_Bone for the judgements. Is Nandric joining or will he not move to Bavaria???

Best & Fun Only - Thuchan
Dear Daniel, How could I forget Otto von Bismarck? But I thought that he united you all some time ago. Because of you my sympathy is with the Northrhine-Westfalia of course
but when Bavarians praise themself with BMW cars they should mention the (more) important contributions from your
(ex) princedom. However even more important is the good
chance that you and Raul will at last reach consensus about something. Ie the menu and wine list. If I rememer well you are also familiar with Maxime.
Cheers,
Dear Thuchan: No we don't have that german restaurant. Here in México we are more oriented to French-Italian-regional food than german one.

Of course I like beer and german beer but I ask for regional food-drink on your " region ".

I'm from a Mexico region-city name it: Oaxaca, this region is extremely " wealthy/rich " food one of tipical/regional food that's much appreciated by people other that the ones lives there and knowed very well. That region too is very well knowed because a tipic/regional drink name it: mezcal, that comes too from the " maguey " like the famous tequila but with different " touch ", as a fact the mezcal taste very different from the tequila.

Oaxaca is famous all over the country by its regional " cousine " ( more than 300 different regional cousine choices. ), mezcal and several tourist atractions like: arqueological places and lovely beachs.

Now that you are talking about wines I would like that when I was there we can " taste " a couple of bottles ( well we don't have to be limited to only 2 bottles. ) of Chateu Petrus, certainly not a german wine but certainly " the best " out there. Of course I know that Dertonarm think that there is not " the best ".

Nandric and all of you that could like to taste a very special red wine with french " high cousine " plate and that in the past already tasted Chateu Margaux or Chateu Laffite: you need to taste the Chateu Petrus, even if this will be the last " thing " you will do in your life.
If you like a great Food/plate then you can't " go " with out tasted the Petrus.

Thuchan, let me talk with Guillermo on this " tonearm taste " and comeback to you. Take in count that both will be there and with " vote " about your MSs.

Halcro, what Eckart has to win?, well IMHO Guillermo and I preccense at his place could be enough!!

Raul.
Dear Raul, You are obviously not suitable for corps diplomatique: 'we don't have German restaurant' in Mexico.
This dear Raul is not even an implicit offense of the
German art of cooking. But you know they also believe that
they produce some really good wines. Besides they only pretend to respect the Frenchman. However I am sure that
thy are aware of the prices of: Chateu Margaux, Laffite and they can of course quess that Chateu Petrus is
not cheaper. Ever heard about an German as 'big spender'?
I am curious how Thuchan will wriggle himself out of the
situation which he himself caused. What a pity for Dertonarm and you.
I am sure that you would agree about Chateu Petrus.

Regards,

Dear Nandric, yes indeed, you need to taste the "Parker-hyped" Chateau Pétrus once.
It will be a teaching example what promotional hype means in today's world. It is not bad - not at all, if you get a good vintage - but totally over-priced as a result of the rush Parker initiated with his bold statement more than 2 decades back. It certainly is one of the best from Pomerol. But if you do not share Parker jr. very specific taste and expectations in wine, you won't be positively surprised at all.
However - you'll never hear the statement "best wine" (generally spoken) from someone "into" wine at all. Way too many areas - way too many different tastes, way too many differences in vintages (taste a 1973 Pétrus - awful to say the least ...) to put any meaning into such a statement.
It is a nice example how "price equals quality equals status" is manifested in so many peoples mind in the western hemisphere.
Some people just need a "best" to put some meaning into things and to stabilize their world.
Cheers,
D.
Dear Daniel, I somehow expected such a 'lesson' but I am used to learn from you. However my hope that you and Raul
will reach some consensus about enything is totaly crushed.
And this 'wine fight' is not even about (windmills) of the tonearm geometry, not to mention FR 64/66 'red rag'.
I give up but still hope that perhaps Halcro can do better.

Regards,
Dear Nandric: Well, maybe I'm not to " diplomat " as you said it. We have german restaurants but not the one named, in the other side I'm ignorant if exist red wines at the level of those Chateus or a Chateu Laroque but if there are then it will be a pleasure to have a taste meeting aditional the audio reunion.

I really like " food ", eating is one of the few pleasures we have on earth that we can enjoy and I appreciate it enormeous. I'm universal on food-taste but I love the French gourmet one along his wines and especialy the top ones red or white ( including Grand Cru Champagnes. ).

Btw, and now that you " give up ", here in México people said:

" even that you did not eaten you feel a " discomfort in the stomach " "

I know that Thuchan will comes with a " nice " answer.

Raul.
Raul there is a saying I picked up long ago it goes like this:

Heaven is French gourmet chefs, British bobbies and German machinist's.

Hell is British cook's, German police and French machinist's.
Dear in_shore, fully agree ...;^).... If however we must give credits to Chinese cuisine in Heaven.
Cheers,
D.
In-shore, This saying is invented by the Dutch but I am
still thinking about the Mexican one reg. the 'discomfort in the stomach'. I still have no clue.

Regards,
Dear Nandric, is there actually a need for consensus?
Consensus according to some (in fact: to many people today ...) means to agree to their point of view. If one can't agree (for whatever reason - subjective, technical, cultural background, education, taste, history, social disposition), then consensus is out of reach. But I do not see this being a problem at all. Disagreement is all over the world and audio - no problem.
Here on an online audio forum egomaniac disputes and struggles between dominant males/top dogs are as common as they are in the woods, investment banking and on the soccer field ...;-) .....
Best,
D.
Dear Daniel, 'is there a need for consensus?' In my case
only regarding all of my components. Otherwise I begin to
doubt with the consequence that only much more expensive
subsitute seem to come in consideration. But I am allowed,
I hope, to exploit the lack of any consensus between two
important members in our forum. I was in particular proud
of my 'windmills' and 'a red rag' but alas...

Regards,
Daniel- this is a good combination. We were concerned there might be a little Lou Reed or David Bowie in there (hee hee).

L
Dear all,
I just arrived at the Petersberg in Bonn, where the freedom conference about Afghanistan took place. As it looks very much like freedom and consensus - at least in this thread and obviously not comforting Nandric very much ( I learned he derives from a tribe of warriors :-) - I may only state about what is missing.

Everything is said about food, drinks, wine, police, cooks and engineers, nothing is said about girls. Here it is where Raul may win the game. From my memory I regard the Mexican girls (the young ones, not being spoiled by food too much) as the most beautiful. Maybe the term best will again not meet everyone's taste and there are other nations competing for the crown. I do think it is worth to visit Raul's region on that topic too. Am I right?

Best & Fun Only - Thuchan
Dear Raul, Regarding the girls. You will need to compete
with 'a mixure of George Glooney and Pierce Bronsan' +
the twin brother of Shon Connery who is actualy 30 years
younger. As a kind of compensation I can only think about,say, 12 bottles of Chateau Petrus. BTW this is my second warning against those Germans.

Regards,
Dear Thuchan: M'exico is a a wide and always open door to all over the world visitors.

IMHO the word GIRLS is full of " universality ", don't you think? but yes Mexican a re lovely ones, as you know the 2011 Miss Universe title was won by one of our Mexican girls.

raul.
Thuchan

You are right about Mexican Spanish beauties as a matter of fact I am 100 % confident if a visit to Raul's region of Mexico your neck would cramp at all the site's.

I am also confident Raul would treat you to regional culinary delights you never had the pleasure of.

Very down to earth kind people with hospitality second to none, Beautiful country and beaches though heart breaking with the drug wars.

Nandric

Sean Connery's double is taken ,only difference I still have all my hair. This is not a joke. Since I was a young man many women have compliment me with the comparison in more way's then one if you know what I mean.

Dertoarm

A Chinease chef in Heaven? maybe, but I hope bird's nest soup and live monkey brain's isn't every Friday's special with left overs for Saturday's brunch.
In_Shore,

agree! the country is beautiful. I also liked the colours especially in new architecture. Okay we need to get spoiled by Raul's hospitality very soon and hopefully he will introduce us to Miss Universe.

It seems that Nandric, you and me share the family origins of james 007.
Now I realize why we are so successful with women...

Hey Nandric - i thought you are half German, at least philosphically.

Raul, we are coming! But no drugs other than good music...

Best & Fun Only -Thuchan
A stroke of a genius, alias Thuchan Connery the late (a very complicated delivery). His way out : he invited himself to Mexico while I thought all the time that we are
talking about his invitation of Raul to Bavaria. Or am I missing something? Daniel what is the price of Chateau Petrus in Germany?
'Raul,WE are coming!' I can hardly believe that he means
Dertonarm or ,even worst, Syntax?
BTW my being 1/2 of an German in philosophical sense is easy to explain. I immensly admire Frege but also immensly hate Hegel. So I have nothing whatsoever to do with this Hegelian 'part'of Germany.

Regards,
Dear In_shore, dear Thuchan, too bad that I am attracted by blonde european/caucasian girls only ..;-) .... but then I never was part of the "mainstream" nor the latest fashion. Guess I just have way too many "old european" blood running through my veins.
Cheers,
D.
Dear Daniel, This is your first (serious) lapsus that I know of. It is not gentlemanlike to disappoint 3/4 of the girls world-wide. I share your inclination but I can assure you that pretendig is not some kind of art.

Regards,
Blonds are no longer in vogue? I will have to add them to my chase list:) Less competition, broadens my chances:)
Dear Nikola, just 3/4 of the girls world-wide?
Unfortunately the percentage of blondes is much much worse ..... and then a man must stand to his passion !!
You just can't please all the people (girls ...) all the time.
Or: so many opportunities - so little time ...
Cheers,
D.
Dear Thuchan: All of you are welcome. No drugs only good Mezcal and maybe a " touch " of Miss Universe.

Btw, In_shore and Thuchan: seems to me that both of you already been in México. When and where " meet my country?

Raul.
Dear Isochronism, I think blondes will never ever get out of being en vogue - at least not as long as there are real conaisseurs among men. So the competition may not be high in number, but fierce in quality !! However - I for one are no longer in the race. I found my blonde "treasure" 15 years ago.
Cheers,
D.
Dear Dertonarm, dear Nandric - focusing on one's exclusive taste is not such a bad thing at all. I am more focused to South East Asia and Latin America in this special field but i get the impression all active participants here have a kind of taste - in many ways.

You also decide to go for special TTs or tonearm models, not for all models on this planet. But if we had a contest of TT Universe etc. it might be easier to decide for the best (!) and also having a wonderful feeling

I was invited by Raul in another thread Nandric, the MM thread. Anyway as the likelihood of visiting each other seems somehow vague - i don't have strong signals or planning schedules forwarded to me at the time
being - we still have time selecting more exceptional members for the visisting crews. Did you make up your mind Nandric, Mecico or your beloved Germany?
Need to mention that I was in México twice in the mid-1990ies. Both visits were a 1 week stay in México city with the then CEO of BMW-México. So I was in an all-guarded area and saw little more of the mega-city than what was possible through the shaded windows of the limousine and the large garden view.
Back then there were some present danger of kidnapping for ransom (not me ...) in the streets of México's capital.
Still an impressive city.
Not my cup of tea - nothing beyond personal preferences, as I am more a child of the clear, wide north (more blondes there ....;^).....).
Cheers,
D.