Micro Max 282 vs. Exclusive EA-10

I have mounted an Exclusive EA-10 on my Micro (I added a pic to my system), one of the most expensive Japanese tonearms, maybe a little underrated. The tonearm and the tubes are re-wired by Ikeda silver wire. The EA-10 reminds me very much of the Max 282, most properly it was built by Micro Seiki. Does anybody know if this is true?
thuchan

Showing 3 responses by logenn

Daniel and Eckert-I recently purchased a Max 282 and am reading this thread with great interest. Have either of you heard the Kondo silver wire vs the Ikeda silver? Since it is now clear that they need to be rewired, I certainly want to maximize its performance, as this is the next step.

Daniel I received my RX 5000 this week and am totally in love with it. With the limited time available, I was able to set up only an Audio Craft 4400 with Koetsu Coralstone, but this combination never sounded this good in any other turntable! If this is a precursor of what is to follow, I will be in heaven.

Now I finally understand your fascination with this wonderful sounding beast.

Dear Thuchan and Dertonarm- Appreciate your thoughts on the silver Ikeda wire for the Max 282. I should receive it this week and we may have a listen to it for a few weeks. I have a Dynavector XV 1S just back from Soundsmith and I may try this cartridge in the Max with a Crystal Cable tonearm wire.

I have been thinking about rewiring my Audio Craft 4400 to silver wire for some time and perhaps i should have it done as well.

I am also still in shock at how good the rx 5000 is performing. I am using it with a thread as recommended by Dertonearm.

All very good stuff.
Daniel- this is a good combination. We were concerned there might be a little Lou Reed or David Bowie in there (hee hee).

L