Micro Max 282 vs. Exclusive EA-10

I have mounted an Exclusive EA-10 on my Micro (I added a pic to my system), one of the most expensive Japanese tonearms, maybe a little underrated. The tonearm and the tubes are re-wired by Ikeda silver wire. The EA-10 reminds me very much of the Max 282, most properly it was built by Micro Seiki. Does anybody know if this is true?
thuchan

Showing 8 responses by t_bone

Thuchan,
I have an EA-10 (on an Exclusive P10). I also have a Max237 (and would love to find the extra armwand to make it a 282 but the armwands are seriously expensive on the used market!). I would have said almost the same thing you did. The EA-10 and EA-3 arms (the one on the Exclusive P3) have an eery similarity to the Micro Max 237/282 arms.

I'd be interested in knowing your opinion upon listening.

I do not know the source of the arm, but I just now thought of someone who would know so will ask and revert.
Daniel,
How difficult is it to rewire the EA-10/EA-3 armwands? The EA-3 straight armwands have a small screw near the connector which looks like it could be used to undo the connector, but given the size, it looks like a very small-tipped soldering iron would be required. I assume the wiring inside the main body of the arm (i.e. the part other than the armwand) is left as-is?
Opus111,
I am sorry they did not work for you. My experience has been different.

Thanks Daniel,
I have little soldering experience, almost no tools, but can avoid coffee when necessary. :^)
Thuchan,
You obviously don't mean that! Three Hail Marys for you I think.
:^)
I like Bavaria too. Nice weather in summer. Big fan of Constanzee.
I have always wanted to take a cruise down the Danube, but have always wanted
to do so on a small boat - not one of those 100-person river cruise boats.
Something like a British/French canal barge would be cool...

Weissbeer is great. And second only to Belgian beer... :^)

That's just my 'zwo' cents...
I'm thinking, if we can do this in summer, Weissbeer and a plate of Kirschspätzle for me.
Thuchan,
not "Kirschplätze", but "Kirschspätzle"... unless, of course, there is a restaurant called Kirschplätze which serves Kirschspätzle.