How much should a person spend to get a decent power conditioner?

Good day to all.  I am wondering if I need to replace my moderate power conditioner, or if 'stacking' a puck (inline style) conditioner at the outlet would gain enough to warrant the expense.  I understand minimal expense usually means minimal gain, but I'm curious about how best to treat my AC and stay within my budget.  Thoughts please.
128x128wisciman99
helomech
People invest thousands in conditioners and power cables because of their audiophile nervosa/insecurities and placebo effect.
What an odd claim. Use of power conditioners aren’t confined to audiophiles, but are also in wide commercial use.

If power conditioners really make such a big difference, why do companies like Parasound not produce any?
That’s a fine non-sequitor. I see Parasound also doesn’t make a streamer or home music server or popcorn popper. So what?
@cleeds

I agree that cheater plugs should only be used for diagnostic purposes and I should've mentioned that in my first post. 

Commercial applications vs home use is not apples to apples. Even so, those in pro audio are not immune to snake oil. 

Further, I didn’t say that they can’t make any difference, just that most noise is component induced. For those issues, a power conditioner won’t remedy anything.
but IF ya want a kick @#&*$ system you work both, component and cable noise issues and clean power....

and more than a few good firms build power conditioning into the product - Ayre and Vandersteen come to mind....
most noise is component induced.
I would take issue with your your statement. It is mainly cable induced (both mains and signal). if it is component induced the component is faulty or badly designed.