Horn Speaker Recommendations

I am looking for your feedback on what Horn speakers I should consider in the $15k-$40k price range.  Please describe the rationale for your recommendations.  
willgolf
If horns hit my spot and I had your budget I’d get some Klipsch La Scala and look into a couple of real nice subs for them. Horn subs if possible.

My thoughts exactly. For a perhaps more rounded/coherent and even more effortless presentation (through the midrange), albeit at extra outlay, I’d consider the "homage builds" in the form of Simon Mears Audio Uccello’s (I own them myself), which have the now discontinued Klipsch Belles as an inspiration, and Volti Audio’s Vittora that’re based on the La Scala. All of them all-horn speakers with 104-105dB sensitivity and coherent, effortless, naturally warm and very dynamic sonics.

To wring out the best in these I’d strongly advice going for a pair of horn subs, or some variant in this ballpark with high(er) sensitivity. Myself I use a pair of 15"-loaded MicroWrecker Tapped Horns (tuned somewhere between 22-24Hz), and they blend in seamlessly with my Uccello’s crossed at 80Hz (I'm high-passing my mains here with a quality digital XO). A classic Front Loaded Horn would also work great, as I’m sure would a pair of 6th order bandpass iterations like Josh Ricci’s Skrams (fitted with a monstrous neodymium magnet 21" driver). For a quad-sub solution I’d also recommend lilmike’s 10"-loaded PicoWrecker tapped horn subs. The Skrams aren’t horn-loaded as such (well, slightly on the front side of the driver), but with their hidden drivers they should be a successful match to named main speakers nonetheless.

For many if not most audiophiles above recommended TH’s/FLH’s/other 6th order BP’s would seem like madness in a domestic environment, but believe it or not this is all about integration, overall SQ and taking advantage of the full performance envelope with an all-horn(-ish) approach. With the exception of the PW subs they all take up some 18-20 cubic feet per cabinet, by no means shoe boxes, but this is simply dictated physics and a none-compromise (or a lesser compromise at that) approach.

The rationale for above recommendation(s) is perhaps all but obvious by now; horns as all-horns are rare, certainly from 20-25Hz on up, but they’re the potential ticket to what really set horns apart with their particular virtues, and one that is rarely experienced throughout the hifi milieu. This is about uninhibited presence and dynamics, and a relaxed, coherent and effortless presentation, and I believe named alternatives and combinations will able to provide just that.
If you are really serious about horns, I suggest a trip to DejaVu Audio in Virginia.  They offer a variety of custom built horn speakers using vintage Western Electric and YL Acoustic horns and drivers, all in modern cabinets and with top quality crossovers and wiring.  They can build speakers in your price range but they also have ones that go for $250K a pair.  It is well worth the trip.  (No affiliation other than being a satisfied customer.)
I did visit Deja Vu in San Diego and learned all about their horns.  I am currently looking at Avantgarde and the Horns Universum from Poland.