Do I have to spend $4000 plus to get a better sounding speaker than GET model 7 ?

I have owned a pair of Golden Ear Technology 7's speaker for almost 3 years. I think they sound very good in my current set-up.  I bought them unheard based on the rave reviews they received at CES 2012. My concern is that if I was to invest in a speaker that is $3500-$4000, it may prove to be only marginally or fairly better. I am not saying that the GET's 7's are the best bargain in audio at $1395.  My experience with them is they are  very accurate with low distortion, but don't throw a particularly wide or deep soundstage. 

I have considered( not necessarily auditioned) Revel F-206;  Focal Aria 936;  Paradign F85;  PSB T-2';  Ryan 630;  B&W CM9S   Dynaudio X-34;  Duevel "Venus"  Audio Physic Sitara 25 and Tempo 25  All of the indicated speakers (except AP and Duevel) fall in the $3000-$4500 retail price range 

ProAc floor standers are off the scope in price, (often, even used)   Anything I buy will be used, because California sales tax is 8.5%,  and I can stretch my dollars buying used. 

Any recommendations are welcomed especially if based on you own experience with a particular speaker or brand.

Thank you, S.J     

sunnyjim
This makes no sense.  In one thread audiozen is bashing Tekton.  Then he's agonizing over whether to get the Enzo XLs or not.  But here he's strongly urging other people to go ahead and make the purchase.  This kind of recommendation I can do without.
This makes no sense. In one thread audiozen is bashing Tekton. Then he's agonizing over whether to get the Enzo XLs or not. But here he's strongly urging other people to go ahead and make the purchase. This kind of recommendation I can do without.

Maybe the type of paint improves the sound.  :D 

This thread seems like deja vu. 

I've heard $400 pairs of stand mount speakers that are superior to the Triton 7s...just my honest assessment. 

The Revel Concerta2 F36 are in another league all together, and they are Revel's entry level tower. They are far better than Triton 5s to my ears (and even Triton 1s, sans bass loading in larger rooms). Some dealers are discounting the F36 by as much as 25%.
If I were you I would buy these for $3800 right now:

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/monitors-loudspeakers-2017-10-21-speakers

But I am not you so YMMV but I will say I am a very happy Audio Note AN/J owner and in general AN speakers are a "get off the merry-go-round" purchase for many. Good luck and happy listening!
Another fabulous choice would be a used pair of Chapman T-7’s but only if they’ve been upgraded fairly recently, IE: within the past 7.5 years. Stuart Chapman Jones is brilliant. Audioengine powered speakers with a subwoofer are freakin’ amazing. Very small footprint and easy to position. Of course you’ll need stands. Ohm Walsh speakers are probably the easiest, most forgiving speakers in terms of placement to set up. 60 day home trial. John @ Ohm Acoustics is likely a genius.  Used Dynaudio monitors are within your budget- powered with the appropriate components will likely blow your socks off.  I'm not sure if they "like" Conrad Johnson, though, and you possibly, might want a subwoofer.  Probably a powered sub depending on the synergy with your electronics and cables. Oh, and then there's Sonus Faber. OMG! Used, of course.
As others may have mentioned, Clayton Shaw's products: Spatial Audio's M3 TurboS, M4 TurboS and even M4 Triode Master, (which may be stretching your dollar) are all incredibly musical. Shaw's speakers present a broad and deep soundstage and provide a dynamic presentation, which I find to be emotionally involving, as opposed to "mere music in a room." While they are not capable of reproducing the lowest bass, ( at that price point, what is?)  the bass they can give you is accurate and amazingly fast, with some serious "punch". The midrange is simply gorgeous-the treble likewise, with no hint of harshness. A big plus is that they're easy to set up and don't require gobs of power to drive.
 A real game-changer, IMHO.
I agree, the Spatial Audio open baffles are absolutely epic. I auditioned these at home, and they were extremely impressive. Ultimately my room was a little bit small and sent them back.
I forgot to mention that if you go with Shahinians, make sure they don’t have the notorious French tweeter which Shahinian used to employ. That tweeter was not at all musical, and singularly, "grating" on the mind and ears. Many in the audiophile community were baffled why they were used in the first place.
I agree with Avanti 1960.   The Harbeth c7es3 is probably the best speaker for under 4000!  At one point I was looking at Triton speakers,  but the Harbeth blew them away imo! 
A longshot, but astounding if you can find a good pair used: JSE Infinite Slope One or Two. Had both some years ago, and regret selling them. Musical to the 10th power.

To Avanti 1960,  Thanks for the comments. I am not sure I hear some of the flaws you point out about the GET model 7's  What you note about the dispersion of the tweeter  seems on target and the soundstage goes little beyond the outer walls of the speakers. However, they are accurate and distortion is low, but as you note it may be more aimed at home theater use. I think the equipment I am using is pushing them to limits of their performance tier.

To PS: I could not access the link you sent. I think you added one too many http   No problem, I will check out the company's website.

To audiozen,  I thought there was only one Enzo model in the Tekton lineup?.  I will check again

BTW, do you recall what issue and year Herb Reichert's review appeared in Stereophile?? 

Thanks to all,   S.J.

B&Ws have been mentioned a few times as a comparison in this thread. I had the Tekton DIs sideline my B&W 804s. It isn't even close. Especially after the DIs now have a bunch of hours on them. But with just a few hours on them initially, it was obvious. And blind testing with my wife and daughter who LOVED and were rooting for the B&Ws had to admit their demise.
I’m a born-again audiophile. I spent a couple of hours this afternoon, listening to a pair of Tekton D1’s at the home of a friend’s daughter’s fiancee. Amazing sound with Audio Research tube separates. The only thing that would give me pause is the, to my eye, "homely" aspect of the Tektons. The basic black and the size and shape ain’t gonna win any beauty contests. Closing one’s eyes helps a great deal.

I am curious why Martin Logan planar speakers have not been recommended by anyone so far. 

Does it have to do with its narrow soundstage and somewhat finicky placement problems??

Thank you,   S.J.

What you need to do at this point, sunny, is make a short list.  7 or 8 pairs of speakers that you would consider buying.  They would need to be suitable for the type of music you prefer.  They would need to work well with your present amplifier.  They would need to be suitable for the size of room you have. 

Simply asking people for suggestions could take years.  There are probably 30 or 40 different brands of speakers that would be amazing for you, you don't need to find the needle in the haystack.  Don't overthink this, it's just speakers.
Post removed 
Any of the ML's worth recommending are going to be quite a bit more money (with the exception of used Prodigy.) Magnepan 3.7i's are worth recommending but like any panel speaker it comes down to personal tastes so at least demo first. 
ML’s ’stats can be great if you stay clear of the cheaper models. I’d look at a used pair of Montis. Stunning clarity and not at all strident, unless, of course, your source material is terrible. ML’s play nicely with tubes, too. To some persnickety ears, panel and woofer integration (still) isn’t quite "perfect," but most folks won’t notice anything amiss. Montis won’t give you the widest soundstage or sweetspot, but for the serious listener, that’s hardly an issue. They're quite an achievement, IMHO.
One other think about ML's, if you buy used make sure they're from a non-smoking home.
THIS! KEF LS50 Anniversary Model.  If you need more bass, add a pair of powered subs.  These KEF's are one of the world's great audiophile bargains- especially since they are so affordable.

SJ. I hope that you somehow, someday are able to make the right choice and live happily, perhaps even resisting the insidious "upgrade" demons, and will be able to concentrate on pure listening pleasure. After all, isn't it ultimately about the music?

Post removed 

I am a curious why no member to my knowledge did not recommend any of the Martin Logan speakers for this thread in the $3000-$3500.

I have heard a few over the years, the latest being ESL-EM Electro motion model which now retails for $2495.00

I have read, and know some of their limitations, that is a narrow and shallow soundstage, finicky placement, and often a beamy treble. They are also somewhat big and the stats need AC power. 

Thank you,  S.J. 

To all members:   I checked the other day to see if anyone responded to the "above" questions above  I did not see them, knowing that AG can occasionally not post or miss posting. threads

However, to my great surprise, and confirmation of approaching senility, I discovered that on November 5, member "213 runnin" was the frist to respond to those new questions, and  other members followed with all good advice and valuable comments. Several confirmed that which I did not want to admit, that the lower price ML's just don't deliver the sound that other speakers in a similar price range and higher can offer and, you must graduate to  the larger and  more  expensive models.  Point well taken!!  

To JohnnyR: the Vandersteens are too heavy and would probably sink into my lower neighbor's living room or the center of the earth. But thanks for the recommendation.

To PS and 213runnin: your advice and words of wisdom are on point even for an old geezer like me.  Actually,  I have more or less decided on  the Revel Peforma F-206 speakers, and missed a pair about two week ago from the same member currently selling the model F-208 speakers.  I also missed a second owner pair of F-206's on U.S, Audio Mart that sold very last night. 

To ps, I know "it is ultimately about the music". After doing this since 1971, I have not forgotten that. However, I am just always curious about hearing more music from a speaker and am aware of the importance of good electronics, and cables 

I will keep looking for a pair Revel F 206's, at the right price and hopefully in glossy walnut, but I am also going to wind down the quest for a while.

Thank you all, and Happy Holidays,   S.J.

If you have the budget and space you owe it to yourself to get F208's. The larger drivers, adjustable tweeter levels and boundary compensation makes for a much more satisfying long term purchase. 
Sunny, good to hear you are moving forward in your speaker goals, from all accounts the Revels are an outstanding option.  Pardon me if I came off as being brusk in my previous post, and best of luck in your search.