Do I have to spend $4000 plus to get a better sounding speaker than GET model 7 ?

I have owned a pair of Golden Ear Technology 7's speaker for almost 3 years. I think they sound very good in my current set-up.  I bought them unheard based on the rave reviews they received at CES 2012. My concern is that if I was to invest in a speaker that is $3500-$4000, it may prove to be only marginally or fairly better. I am not saying that the GET's 7's are the best bargain in audio at $1395.  My experience with them is they are  very accurate with low distortion, but don't throw a particularly wide or deep soundstage. 

I have considered( not necessarily auditioned) Revel F-206;  Focal Aria 936;  Paradign F85;  PSB T-2';  Ryan 630;  B&W CM9S   Dynaudio X-34;  Duevel "Venus"  Audio Physic Sitara 25 and Tempo 25  All of the indicated speakers (except AP and Duevel) fall in the $3000-$4500 retail price range 

ProAc floor standers are off the scope in price, (often, even used)   Anything I buy will be used, because California sales tax is 8.5%,  and I can stretch my dollars buying used. 

Any recommendations are welcomed especially if based on you own experience with a particular speaker or brand.

Thank you, S.J     

sunnyjim
Post removed 

I am a curious why no member to my knowledge did not recommend any of the Martin Logan speakers for this thread in the $3000-$3500.

I have heard a few over the years, the latest being ESL-EM Electro motion model which now retails for $2495.00

I have read, and know some of their limitations, that is a narrow and shallow soundstage, finicky placement, and often a beamy treble. They are also somewhat big and the stats need AC power. 

Thank you,  S.J. 

To all members:   I checked the other day to see if anyone responded to the "above" questions above  I did not see them, knowing that AG can occasionally not post or miss posting. threads

However, to my great surprise, and confirmation of approaching senility, I discovered that on November 5, member "213 runnin" was the frist to respond to those new questions, and  other members followed with all good advice and valuable comments. Several confirmed that which I did not want to admit, that the lower price ML's just don't deliver the sound that other speakers in a similar price range and higher can offer and, you must graduate to  the larger and  more  expensive models.  Point well taken!!  

To JohnnyR: the Vandersteens are too heavy and would probably sink into my lower neighbor's living room or the center of the earth. But thanks for the recommendation.

To PS and 213runnin: your advice and words of wisdom are on point even for an old geezer like me.  Actually,  I have more or less decided on  the Revel Peforma F-206 speakers, and missed a pair about two week ago from the same member currently selling the model F-208 speakers.  I also missed a second owner pair of F-206's on U.S, Audio Mart that sold very last night. 

To ps, I know "it is ultimately about the music". After doing this since 1971, I have not forgotten that. However, I am just always curious about hearing more music from a speaker and am aware of the importance of good electronics, and cables 

I will keep looking for a pair Revel F 206's, at the right price and hopefully in glossy walnut, but I am also going to wind down the quest for a while.

Thank you all, and Happy Holidays,   S.J.

If you have the budget and space you owe it to yourself to get F208's. The larger drivers, adjustable tweeter levels and boundary compensation makes for a much more satisfying long term purchase.