Audio Mirror WAVE tube based line-stage is one of StereoTimes 2023 Most wanted Components

Last week my review on the Audio Mirror WAVE reference line-stage was posted on the Stereo Time website. It gives the details why I put the WAVE on the 2023 MOST WANTED COMPONENTS LIST. It's a terrific tube based preamplifier which offers great transient speed, clarity, richness of tone/color, and panoramic sound-staging. 

Hope you enjoy the review. Teajay (Terry London)

johnah5

Thanks Terry.  Look forward to reading it.  I forget, have you ever reviewed any of the AM DACs?

Hey Soix,

Yes, I have reviewed the Audio Mirror SE DAC awhile back. That's why Vlad asked if I would review his new reference WAVE now. I'm glad he reached out, it has turned out to be a very pleasurable experience.

Teajay

I have his DAC 4 Tubadour and no complaints.  Klunky stock looks (eye candy factor in reverse) so I installed new knobs and it looks pretty good (see the knobs I installed under my "system" page).  The WAVE may be worth every penny by sound and value but, my God, this is one cheap looking, butt ugly, $13k pre.  Looks like a kit.  

TUBADOUR III review

WAVE review

Terry, thank you for posting. I always enjoy and benefit from your reviews.

How does one hook up subwoofer(s) if there is only a pair of outputs?

For $13,000, I expect there are pre-outs or sub outs. Did I miss something?

Hey hilde45,

Thanks for the kind words regarding my reviews. You did not "miss anything", if you need a pre-out for a subwoofer I'm sure Vlad could add one.

Teajay

Teajay -- thanks. Just my opinion, but I find it odd to not have one as standard for $13k.

Even simple, elegant gear that's directed toward audiophiles would assume there would be a need for a pre-out for subs. My two cents.

It would be nice to see internal components. I didn’t find under the llid pictures. Could anybody publish it please?

Audio Mirror is selling the Wave at a 30% discount right now so $9100 instead of $13k.  Curious if anyone owns or has heard this preamp.  Price wise, it's up there with the Zesto Leto Ultra and Backert Labs Rhythm pre's and a few others.