Arcam FMJ UDP411 Universal Disc Player

There is a used one for sale on AG from TMRAudio for $882.

I don’t have many CDs or DVDs, but my current player is a Samsung that listed at $500 and does not have analogue output - I paid less than $300 for it in 2018.

The Arcam would allow me to play CDs through my tube amp and video through my AVR.

Any thoughts on if this is a good choice for the money?

macg19
Post removed 

IMHO better off with a Sony X800 that will play most anything. By an originator of CD, SACD and BluRay. Built by a design or of CD, SACD and Blu-ray protocols.

There is this player from Panasonic.  It is not universal in the sense there is no SACD.  It does give you your analog outs.  

Rich 

It's difficult to give a definitive answer without knowing more details about your specific setup and preferences, but in general, the Arcam CDS27 could be a good choice if you're looking for a CD player with analog outputs and the ability to play DVDs.

At $882, it's a significant investment compared to your current Samsung player, but if you value high-quality audio and video playback, it may be worth the upgrade. It's also worth considering the long-term cost savings of investing in a high-quality player that will last for many years, rather than needing to replace a cheaper player more frequently.

Overall, if the Arcam CDS27 fits your needs and budget, it could be a solid choice for improving your audio and video playback experience. It's always a good idea to do your research and read reviews from other users before making a purchase to ensure that the product meets your expectations.

I  don’t care for the Arcam house sound, and they have reliability issues 

@jafant Thanks!

@johnnieloop My system is detailed in Virtual Systems. There is nothing wrong with the 5 yo Samsung - it works great, never had any issues/glitches.

The Panasonic will be just fine, give me exactly what I need and @ $425 it’s an inexpensive upgrade.

@mahler123 I dug around and found a few threads discussing laser and transport failures - so thanks for the heads up