Arcam FMJ UDP411 Universal Disc Player

There is a used one for sale on AG from TMRAudio for $882.

I don’t have many CDs or DVDs, but my current player is a Samsung that listed at $500 and does not have analogue output - I paid less than $300 for it in 2018.

The Arcam would allow me to play CDs through my tube amp and video through my AVR.

Any thoughts on if this is a good choice for the money?

macg19

Showing 1 response by johnnieloop

It's difficult to give a definitive answer without knowing more details about your specific setup and preferences, but in general, the Arcam CDS27 could be a good choice if you're looking for a CD player with analog outputs and the ability to play DVDs.

At $882, it's a significant investment compared to your current Samsung player, but if you value high-quality audio and video playback, it may be worth the upgrade. It's also worth considering the long-term cost savings of investing in a high-quality player that will last for many years, rather than needing to replace a cheaper player more frequently.

Overall, if the Arcam CDS27 fits your needs and budget, it could be a solid choice for improving your audio and video playback experience. It's always a good idea to do your research and read reviews from other users before making a purchase to ensure that the product meets your expectations.