Cheap tweak from Virtual Dynamics:

Has anyone seen the short video from Virtual Dynamics showing the owner replacing all his speaker screws with all brass screws? I was wondering if you could hear an improvement. It's a cheap tweak, so I thought I might go to Home Depot and try out a set. What can I lose?
sherod
I just received an e-mail from the manufacturer of my speakers after I asked them if the screws on my speakers had to be a certain torque. His response was, " You want the screws to be firm, but not too tight to avoid stripping the screw holes."
All the hardware in my speakers and electronics are of the non ferrous type. The most musical of this type are those of solid brass. Brass is the metal of music. Tom
Great, thats what we have to do now, get brass screws. Oil, gas, gold, copper now brass will become the next commodity that will will 10fold in the next few months by people like us creating a shortage. Maybe we should keep a lid on this tweak so no politicians or brass ceo's find out about it.

BTW Sherod, good suggestion, great tweak.
Well, the credit, although known by some for a while, must be given to the owner of Virtual Dynamics. I simply brought it up for discussion.
Anyone else try the brass screw replacement and torque experimentation? I've been experimenting with different in.-lbs. and the results have been interesting. I've only tried 3-10 in.-lbs( I'm not so sure that my old Black & decker is accurate) but so far, regarding torque, too much thins out the soundstage and too little muddies it up. With my B&D driver, on my speakers, 5 in.-lbs seems to be just right( on both tweeters and mid-woofers). But I want to do some more listening and fine-tuning. I sometimes hate being an obsessive-compulsive personality. (O: