if you're reading this then you already know...

Anybody else notice the laziness in ads lately? Seems to be getting worse especially in commercial ads. Every ad exclaims "if you're reading this then you already know" everything there is about how amazing product xyz is and all its technical features and have of course seen all the reviews. The ads in question then proceed to provide no links and no further information.

This is still a hobby forum. Please take the extra 2.5 minutes to provide YOUR perspective and maybe some information. If I "already knew" everything as the ads claim - I guess I'd be plugging my iPOD into my BOSE system for perfect sound 'cuz they claim the same thing
;)
audiopooh
I also think in many cases if you are looking to buy a most likely high ticket item you should know what it is, its specs and how it performs because you should have already been doing extensive homework.
this is true, you should, and many/or most people do by the time they see an ad. But what about those who don't? Does a seller want to miss a potential sale because he/she couldn't say "this is a x widget and you can read up on it at this link to the mfg website".

Further (and this is the stupid part), why say "if you're reading this"? If I'm reading this, then OF COURSE, I'm reading this. And how does it follow that I know all about the item BECAUSE I'm reading this?

I have purchased Audio gear that I found through a used equip ad both here and ebay and I previously knew nothing about, but since the ad peeked my interest, I spent the time to learn more about it. I have also sold gear to individuals who were in the same situation prior to seeing my ad.
Why are you even clicking on the ad if you don't already know what it is? Or do some of you people just buy stuff because the ad has lots of info, links and pretty pictures? Part of the reason I've sold equipment on Audiogon is because I thought it would be found by knowledgeable potential buyers. After reading this thread I might reconsider my position and in the future address my ads towards uninformed people who know nothing about the product, but just might buy it anyway.

Lazy sellers, maybe? What about lazy buyers?
Why are you even clicking on the ad if you don't already know what it is?
If you're shopping for a used DAC, or Pre, or Amp, or . . .; and you haven't decided on which you will buy, then why wouldn't you click on an ad for one you're not yet familiar with? Isn't that the way you shop for new stuff? Of course you can do research via other means (ie Fora, Mfg Brochure, etc), but at some point don't you go talk to sales people and ask them to tell you about what they have for sale?

Or do some of you people just buy stuff because the ad has lots of info, links and pretty pictures?
you're kidding, right?

Bdg, you're shopping while I'm trying to buy and/or sell. There's a real difference.