Copper Sleeve over IEC

There has been several threads on AA about putting a 1 1/2" copper union (coupler) over the IEC on the CD Player, Preamp, Amp.

Well I tried it...

Anyone else give it a try?
128x128ozzy
Undertow,

I gathered that conclusion among other things as well as tweaks, eg. P/C's, tube types, interconnects, speaker cables etc.

Power supply is a very key matter, ask a guy like Paul or Brian at TRL,
I had a long phone conversation with them.

I'll listen for a lame duck tonight, when everything's quieter and settled in !
About a year ago on another thread, I told of removing the ferrous cover on my ac mains box. That made for a nice improvement and heard by others in my listening room as my system was being played. Tom
I have looked at the forum site where this tweak was first reported. I was interested in the idea of outlet cover material improving the sound. From what I read, brass outlet covers did not make a difference, but carbon fiber added to a plastic cover or the expensive commercial covers did make a small improvement.
David Pritchard
David my last post was in reference to removing the entire cover off the AC mains breaker box. Tom
Chrissan,
I just talked to 1 electrical engineering at my work and, just like you brought it up earlier, he too rec'd to run a ground wire from a coupler to the classis. Verified.
He thinks to design a "metal hat" like Marantz do to their REference lines to shield up the entire transformer is not a bad idea...