Copper Sleeve over IEC

There has been several threads on AA about putting a 1 1/2" copper union (coupler) over the IEC on the CD Player, Preamp, Amp.

Well I tried it...

Anyone else give it a try?
128x128ozzy
I would be curious however if a couple of the shields are just simply NOT having any negative effect, but also not doing anything positive but lame ducks, like the ones possibly on the preamp.. So if you get a chance let us know.. But again it will really depend on the equipment too I am sure, tube, solid state, overall design and power supply in the component can make this tweak better on some and not so good on others who knows?
Undertow,

I gathered that conclusion among other things as well as tweaks, eg. P/C's, tube types, interconnects, speaker cables etc.

Power supply is a very key matter, ask a guy like Paul or Brian at TRL,
I had a long phone conversation with them.

I'll listen for a lame duck tonight, when everything's quieter and settled in !
About a year ago on another thread, I told of removing the ferrous cover on my ac mains box. That made for a nice improvement and heard by others in my listening room as my system was being played. Tom
I have looked at the forum site where this tweak was first reported. I was interested in the idea of outlet cover material improving the sound. From what I read, brass outlet covers did not make a difference, but carbon fiber added to a plastic cover or the expensive commercial covers did make a small improvement.
David Pritchard
David my last post was in reference to removing the entire cover off the AC mains breaker box. Tom