The new Bob Dylan

I think the torche has been passed to the young and super talented
Jake Bugg. (see his debut Jake Bugg)
His voice sounds well worn, his songwriting and production are so strong , that veteran musicians with 25 years on the business would be lucky to produce an album this great. This kid is like 19 years old!! On some songs his youth is used to sound fresh and exciting , while on other tracks he sounds like a fifty year old troubadour . A stunning first album! Take a listen on Spotify or MoG, or buy the cd. I expect a brilliant future for this kid .
toddnkaya
Thanks for the YouTube link. I found Jake Bugg on vinyl at Amazon UK and have it on order.
Jake Bugg is great. New Dylan, no Jake Bugg. As far as Springsteen, please, only one of, if not the most popular artist in the world. Next Dylan no he was the first Springsteen! As far as Dylan any owners of new 45 Blond on blond box set? Worth it? Quality of sound?
I bought the 45 RPM Blonde On Blonde Box $74.99 free shipping from Soundstage Direct.I was very sceptical as I have not really been overly impressed by late offerings of MoFi.Must say I really like this one.Visions of Johanna is fantastic.Haven't noticed anything I don't like about this set.It seems all analog,and they say mixed from original 4 track tapes.Though the original is recorded over a bit of time,at different locations it seems to flow better with only two to three songs per side.Like I say I would never have believed I'd like it this much.
I just listened thru his material on MOG and thought that it's mostly very good stuff. It's easy to hear the stylistic inspiration that Dylan provided for Jake Bugg and why the OP drew the connection. Personally, I'd prefer to say that he's a promising disciple of Dylan rather than the "New Dylan" (that's not fair to anyone) but the OP's point is taken.

Thanx for the heads up.

Marty