Best Metal Vinyl Album

When we think of audiophiles, we do not think of metal. On the other hand, with the resurgance of vinyl, metal seems to be a hot seller. So, give me your top 3 metal vinyl lp. When in doubt what is metal, ask Eddie Trunk.
128x128harris4crna
Thank you for taking the time to explain. Yes, I agree until the production companies return to analog recording or convert to DSD than new vinyl may suffer. Truly, I believe there is a market for it. I see these young metal heads going out buying vinyl. I know I would purchase new vinyl if production improves. I understand musicians are making less from music sales from CDs due to the digital sharing on the internet. They make much of their money from touring these days which is good for this metal head that loves going to good shows. I truly believe we audiophiles need to continue to stress the desire for good sound which need to result from the foundational recording.
I truly believe we audiophiles need to continue to stress the desire for good sound which need to result from the foundational recording.

That's a very valid point. Hopefully the industry, or at least a part of it will take note and act accordingly. I personally would not give up the fight for better pressing quality and better sound. However, with heavy metal, sometimes the master recording just isn't that good, and we're hearing the flaws in that recording. Regardless if the records have been cut from analog or digital.
Best Metal Vinyl Album-"Dopesmoker" by Sleep.

PS. If you decide to get it on CD buy the Southern Lord release.

Tish
I initiated this thread, but failed to keep it going. I love hearing about metal vinyl, where to get the best metal vinyl and various life experiences with metal. I have currently returned from Vancouver Canada. Went to a metal record shop. Harldly find those around. Well, this guy knew his stuff and the material to show for it. Recently, I have been in love with Opeth, Mastodon & The Sword. I bought a collectors Watershed and Still Life, Expensive!!!!! Oh well, love the stuff.