Best Metal Vinyl Album

When we think of audiophiles, we do not think of metal. On the other hand, with the resurgance of vinyl, metal seems to be a hot seller. So, give me your top 3 metal vinyl lp. When in doubt what is metal, ask Eddie Trunk.
128x128harris4crna
After playing Metallica-And Justice For All I realize what a great recording this is! I bought the album the day it came out in 1988 so it's a very early pressing. I don't know if later pressings are at this near reference level.
Since I'm not a Metal fan and I never really was, there is only one band/record that I can think of worth mentioning; The Godz from Columbus, Ohio. This band was forever slighted by critics however they toured with KISS, Cheap Trick, Blue Oyster Cult, Metallica and Ozzy Osbourne.
They've always had a small following but they are both interesting and original. I just thought it might be of interest.
Dayglow, interesting you mentioned Metallica, And Justice For All as one of your favorites. This album has been notoriously criticized for its poor production and lack of bass. With that said, it is truly the last of the best Metallica albums and truly a favorite of mine.

Phasecorrect, cannot agree more, but may i recommend the new Black Sabbath 13 to the list, Wow!!!!!!

Goofyfoot, have not heard of the Godz, but will definitely take a listen.
Harris4crna
Yeah, i bought the 33 versus the 45 of master puppets. I agree, not so good.

The Because Sound Matters Metallica reissues are awful. I bought 33 rpm reissues of MoP and AJFA, and I unloaded the MoP at a loss as it was unlistenable. The vinyl looked like it was burned and had an unacceptably high surface noise for a brand new record. The deal breaker was buzzing distortion throughout many of the songs. I recently bought a copy of AJFA and again high surface noise, which most likely means that they use cheap quality vinyl for their pressings. The sound is ok considering the well-known issues with producing that album mentioned in this thread (btw, it's not lack of bass per se, but the tuning of Hetfield's guitar that buried the bass lines as well as mixing of the drums that are way too forward in the mix), but "Dyers Eve" sounds completely distorted. I thought my cartridge broke the first time I was listening to it, but "luckily" it turned out to be the recording. I don't know what the 45 versions sound like, but I will NEVER buy another record on the Because Sound Matters label. It's a perfect example of cashing in on the vinyl revival without any concern for the quality of the product. Shameful. Stay away.