New Music Recommendations 2012

We have a wealth of musical wisdom here and it seems many enjoy having an ongoing thread were we can share new music finds with the rest of the forum. Here we go!

If you're enthusiastic about a new album you've picked up feel free to tell us about it. Post, discuss, inform....but be civil:)

No genre limitations, anything goes as we have all sorts of interests here. Classical, Jazz, Indie, Folk, Rap, R&B, Blues, Techno, Ambient, Modern Classical and on and on....post em all..

Let the music play.......
richard_stacy
Awesome I love Andy Stott I will be checking out the new one today

The new collab between Tim Hecker and Daniel Lopatin "instrumental tourist" is sounding pretty good
Ejlif...is that available anywhere?! I saw it was coming and have looked around on the web but no luck so far. Feel free to PM me some directions. That has the makings of a great one on paper.
Terrence Dixon "From The Far Future Part 2"

Tresor release that had been on my list for a while and I finally got around to picking it up. I'd sure been missing a fine one. Real nice bit of dark tech/house with lots going on under the hood, just how I like it.

Changing musical gears....

I've been listening a lot to the older J. Tillman release, Vacilando Territory Blues so I picked up a few of his other older records. Singing Ax, Cancer And Delirium, Minor Works and Year In The Kingdom. All just outstanding albums, especially Singing Ax. Very highly recommended.
Jon Cleary - Occapella - Having fun with the songs of Allen Toussaint.

I 1st heard Cleary briefly on HBO's Treme (a great source for new music!). After digging a bit I came to the realization that I've been listening to him and his music for years! He recorded with Taj Mahal on 2 favorite Taj records; 'Phantom Blues' & 'Senor Blues'. Also on Bonnie Raitt's 'Silver Lining' & 'Souls Alike'. He was a member of their bands, playing keyboards, with Bonnie and Taj both recording songs of his on their albums. So I owned performances of his and his music, I just wasn't aware of it! Cleary originally hails from England (!) but he's been a New Orleans native for over 15 years, the dude's a phenom!! Funky, soulful, bluesey good-time music, a great score!!
Richard, I likewise couldn't find Terrence Dixon From the Future Part 2 I did really like the samples I heard. PM some directions if you have them. Thanks, Ryan