New Music Recommendations 2012

We have a wealth of musical wisdom here and it seems many enjoy having an ongoing thread were we can share new music finds with the rest of the forum. Here we go!

If you're enthusiastic about a new album you've picked up feel free to tell us about it. Post, discuss, inform....but be civil:)

No genre limitations, anything goes as we have all sorts of interests here. Classical, Jazz, Indie, Folk, Rap, R&B, Blues, Techno, Ambient, Modern Classical and on and on....post em all..

Let the music play.......
richard_stacy
"Lowe Country," a Country/Folk tribute to Nick Lowe, if it hasn't been mentuoned (or if it has been mentioned).

John
Just picked up the new Dave Matthews album "AWay from the world". His best yet IMO. Very introspective, beautiful melodies. Literally heard it once on my way to work and am hooked already. My favorite 2012 album to date.
Andy Stott "Luxury Problems"

Ok, this one is 10/10 for me and if you liked "We Stay Together" and "Pass Me By"....you'll love this. The master of totally f**k*d bass, beats and twisted vocals weaving in and out of rhythms from some dark warehouse in the wee hours. Playing this is a physical experience. Your innards will pulse and vibrate from the depths of the bass. Wicked or downright nasty.

Vatican Shadow

"Atta's Apartment Slated For Demolition"
"Ghosts Of Chechnya"
"Jordanian Descent"
"Ornamented Walls"

Yup, four releases over the past couple of weeks. Dominick Fernow's been quite the busy man and I'm quite happy about that. His VS work always leaves me at a loss for words when I think about describing it. There is nothing quite like it out there. All I'll say here is that it's one of my go to artists, this stuff sticks. Military, Middle Eastern balance of noise + rhythm that drones from attack to religious to orchestral. Brilliant work.

Old Apparatus "Alfur"

Electro acoustic bass beauty from another unique artists. As brilliant as his other work, highly recommended.
Featherface . They just put out a full-length called Actual Magic that hasn't left my car stereo for a month.
Awesome I love Andy Stott I will be checking out the new one today

The new collab between Tim Hecker and Daniel Lopatin "instrumental tourist" is sounding pretty good