New Music Recommendations 2012

We have a wealth of musical wisdom here and it seems many enjoy having an ongoing thread were we can share new music finds with the rest of the forum. Here we go!

If you're enthusiastic about a new album you've picked up feel free to tell us about it. Post, discuss, inform....but be civil:)

No genre limitations, anything goes as we have all sorts of interests here. Classical, Jazz, Indie, Folk, Rap, R&B, Blues, Techno, Ambient, Modern Classical and on and on....post em all..

Let the music play.......
richard_stacy
Someone is another thread mentioned Casandra Wilson's new release, "Another Country". Give it a listen.

Grizzly Bear "Shields"

Wow. I'm not too big on indie bands these days but I ran across a pre-release (actual release 9/18) copy of this and it's very special. Like I said to start...wow! Very highly recommended. Very. I really hope this is available in high rez.
I posted Angel Olsen's latest here last week. Very glowing review this morning on Pitchfork:

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/17154-half-way-home/
just loaded most of the above on mog. best i've heard of late is the fresh & onlys, long slow dance--sorta 80s jangly guitar pop; i hear traces of the smiths and the poppier side of the church--distinctive vocals and good guitars with actual hooky songs that embed in your head after a while. rewards repeat listens.
If you like Nick Drake's Pink Moon and you like early music, check out Requiem for a Pink Moon, by Joel Frederiksen and Ensemble Phoenix Munich, on Harmonia Mundi.