Johnny Cash

Sitting here with too much time and doing some much needed listening. I cued up the American IV The man comes around, Man ! What a powerful album! Great sonics and the music is just awesome. The Nine inch nails cover of hurt was just powerful. The man definitely had what it takes to stir a soul. What are we doing to have when all the greats are gone? LOL, I reckon new greats. Johnny you are missed RIP!
philefreak
Nine Inch Nails did an amazing cover of "Hurt." I didn't really listen to Johnny's music before then, but started to and started liking (most of) what I heard. Not really a CW fan, but he transcends the tired genre.
????? Newbrook- "Hurt" is a Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails) song - Johnny Cash did the cover version.

I read somewhere that Trent Reznor was very sceptical of JC doing "Hurt" but Reznor changed his mind as soon as he heard it.

Mark
to me johnny is a god. r. ruben unleashed an inner soul let him do whatever he wanted.the american recordings may be his best work.saw john at the planting fields just him and his guitar.that nite i saw my higher power.this man made a mark on my life and i thank him everyday for that.