Fleetwood Mac

Best band ever?

Anyway, I've been listening to self title, Rumors, and Tusk repeatedly the past 2 years. Can anyone recommend the next step in Fleetwood fandom? I'm not a huge fan of live albums, but will venture in that direction if absolutely necessary, ie Johnny Cash.
buffheman

I've always thought "Mirage" was underrated...and a pretty nice recording, too. It's not up to par with the eponymous album, much less "Rumors," but I like it at least as much as "Tusk." YMMV....
then play on, with peter green, is one of the great lost albums of the 60s--it features the original "o well" and a bunch a really cool, strange stuff. i dig the kiln house/bare trees/future games stuff, too--danny kirwan was a hugely underrecognized guitarist and writer.
you can't go wrong with any of their records up through rumours, but understand they are all different...once the band found commercial success, 'the formula' set in....you gotta get a stevie nicks 'package'....my favorites are 'then play on' 'kiln house' 'future games' and 'bare trees'....honorable mention to 'heroes are hard to find'.....not the best band ever, but the output is an incredible feat for a band that always had one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.
I've always been partial to "Pious Bird of Good Omen" alhough quite different from the titles mentioned in the OP.
Best band ever? You can not be serious. loomisjohnson above id'd their best stuff. You might like the Buckingham/Nicks album those two made before joining.