Does anyone like country

I am just curious as to whether anyone likes country music? I do like some country songs (especially those that lean more towards pop).
chatta
Tubegroover,

I'm well aware of the use of the pentatonic scale worldwide. I was talking about rock music more or less.
I find the Allmans to have some country in their sound, esp. on "Lord I was Born a Rambling Man" and "Little Martha."
And "Sweet Home Alabama," Skynyrd's signature tune--you don't hear country in that? I sure do. I'm from East Texas originally and played some country music growing up (and since).
"And "Sweet Home Alabama," Skynyrd's signature tune--you don't hear country in that?"

I lived in Alabama for four years. Folks down there hear country in that song. Guarandamnteed!

"Southern Rock" in general tends to have a lot of country influences scattered around. Its country flavored pop/rock in a sense.

Of course country and rock both have extensive similar roots in blues and the like as well.
This week's top ten country hits:
10 "I hate every bone in her body but mine"
9 "I ain't never gone to bed with an ugly women but I woke up with a few"
8 "If the phone don't ring you'll know it's me"
7 "I've missed you but my aims improvin"
6 "You broke my heart so I broke your arm"
5 "I'm so miserable without you It's like you're still here"
4 "My wife ran off with my best friend and I miss him"
3 "She took my fing and gave me the finger"
2 "She's lookin' better with every beer"
1 "It's hard to miss the lips at night that chewed me out all day"
Tostado correctly points out that the pentatonic MAJOR scale is often associated with country music while pentatonic minor (sometimes the hexatonic minor with the added flattened fifth) is a blues scale. I also agree that a lot of the well known Southern rock leads visit the pentatonic major scale at some point.

To be fair, rock n roll music was originally characterized by many as "the bastard child of country and blues" because the highest profile players (see Chuck Berry) moved fluidly from the pentatonic minor scale to the pentatonic major and back. So, what some may hear as country influences, others may hear as '50s rock n roll.

TO MY EAR (tho I'm not about to argue with anyone who disagrees) one of the characteristics that makes Southern rock a distinctive genre is that it seemed to re-introduce the pentatonic major BACK into hard rock, which - over the course of the '60's had seemed to generally migrate further and further towards blues style leads at the expense of country influences.

So, I personally hear a lot of country in the Southern rock genre as a whole. YMMV.