Does anyone like country

I am just curious as to whether anyone likes country music? I do like some country songs (especially those that lean more towards pop).
chatta
I've always dug the country/bluegrass side of the genre by artists like Ricky Skaggs, Jerry Douglas, Allison Krause & Union Station. A few years ago I heard Vince Gill on Eric Clapton's 1st(?) Crossroads Festival DVD. Always thought he was just another country rocker but when I saw the DVD I shook my head sayin' "DAYUM, this boy can PLAY!". Since than he's made a few records but one absolutely stands out; 'These Days'. Released in 2006, it's a reasonably priced 4-disc set, each disc embracing a different TYPE of country music. Acoustic Bluegrass, Rockin' Country, Traditional Country & Western, and a kind-of ballads disc. Tellyawhat, this is a great record for someone that doesn't own much country music, it's an excellent dissertation on the genre. Amazing musicianship, impeccably recorded, great tunes, and guest musicians of the highest caliber. This should be considered one of the great country recordings, it is in my book!
Tubegroover,

I'm well aware of the use of the pentatonic scale worldwide. I was talking about rock music more or less.
I find the Allmans to have some country in their sound, esp. on "Lord I was Born a Rambling Man" and "Little Martha."
And "Sweet Home Alabama," Skynyrd's signature tune--you don't hear country in that? I sure do. I'm from East Texas originally and played some country music growing up (and since).
"And "Sweet Home Alabama," Skynyrd's signature tune--you don't hear country in that?"

I lived in Alabama for four years. Folks down there hear country in that song. Guarandamnteed!

"Southern Rock" in general tends to have a lot of country influences scattered around. Its country flavored pop/rock in a sense.

Of course country and rock both have extensive similar roots in blues and the like as well.
This week's top ten country hits:
10 "I hate every bone in her body but mine"
9 "I ain't never gone to bed with an ugly women but I woke up with a few"
8 "If the phone don't ring you'll know it's me"
7 "I've missed you but my aims improvin"
6 "You broke my heart so I broke your arm"
5 "I'm so miserable without you It's like you're still here"
4 "My wife ran off with my best friend and I miss him"
3 "She took my fing and gave me the finger"
2 "She's lookin' better with every beer"
1 "It's hard to miss the lips at night that chewed me out all day"